Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
18,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an update from Seibon Carbon this morning that they will have both a decklid and a hood available in early November. Both items will be out of a dry carbon material and from the looks of my production pictures we will have another manufacturer of carbon hood vents as well.
Here's some sneak peaks that I saw this morning, there will be new products flowing in from my guys at Seibon and more test fitting to be done in the near future. I will be sure to update as soon as I see anything new coming out.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I had a Seibon CF hood on my 350Z and the fitment was horrible. Here's hoping they do a better job on these.

18,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've dealt fairly heavily in Seibon parts for alot of our customers as well as personal and shop projects. Any fitment issues in the past have been easily resolved and from the looks of the mock up on the GT-R I would bet on a stellar fit. I think any company has the few quality control issues that fall thru the cracks, by all means I have nothing but good fitments to report from them.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
seibon also steels designs and puts there name on them. that sucks for those looking for quality, cause seibon is lesser quality than that of Voltex, which they stole the design from.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Password JDM is new to me, but looks of good quality. VIS, on the other hand, I wouldn't even TOUCH. Especially with the GTR.

I've had 1 Seibon hood and it fit ok (just ok). But it's a hit and miss with Seibon though. I know A LOT of 350Z guys who's Seibon hoods don't fit properly. For a civic, sure, but I wouldn't risk it with the GTR.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
Password jdm visits here and they have fitted hoods to more than one GT-R sofar. i would trust them.

VIS i cant say anything about. i would do alot of research. find someone with VIS parts in the shop before actually purchasing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts