Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 09 gtr, it's mostly stock aside from intakes , BOVs and maybe a midpipe(haven't gotten under car yet). Took it to get E-check because my dumb county still does that and everything passed except it said catalyst monitor unsupported. Any idea what that means and how would I go about fixing it so I can pass and get my plates. Thanks

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Intakes and BOV, most likely tuned. Have a Cobb AP or Ecutek dongle in the glove box ?

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Sorry to hear, if you have someone at a Nissan dealer, ask if they can throw it on and pull data from it. If they can’t it’s tuned and you’ll have to sort that first.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You can also check your intake tube diameter - you can get away with 2.75" aftermarket intakes stock, but if it measures 3" its definitely tuned.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
I'll check that out, so basically if it's tuned i will have to take it to a tuning shop so they can do whatever they have to do so I can pass e check?
It’s going to be a process if it’s tuned - the tunes lock the ECU.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
what is E-check?
If Nissan can’t get into the ECU via consult software - means it’s locked - thus tuned.

Then he will have to find out what platform he’s tuned on and try to get a stock type map.

It’s a hassle and not an easy process for a new guy/gal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If Nissan can’t get into the ECU via consult software - means it’s locked - thus tuned.

Then he will have to find out what platform he’s tuned on and try to get a stock type map.

It’s a hassle and not an easy process for a new guy/gal.
Would a shop that tunes on both cobb and ecutek be able to tell what platform it's tuned on? There's one fairly close to me

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts