Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looks like I'm one of the many unlucky ones that has a bad head unit on my CBA. Trying to figure out all my options before i lean forward and make a decision on what I'm going to do. I'm searched the forums but they seem to be old and wanted to get everyone's POV and recommendation on what i should do. Thanks

·
2009 R35 (GOD7ILLA)
393 Posts

·
2009 R35 (GOD7ILLA)
393 Posts
Thx, I will reach out to him. Any idea on cost?
Not sure what he's charging lately. It's not cheap, but neither is the car. ;-) Kinda between buying a new CBA system from the dealer and a used CBA system from someone private. But a lot of people have done this upgrade and I don't know anyone that's dissatisfied. Cheers.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My CBA head unit was replaced under warranty by the dealership. It was out of warranty, contacted the GTR hotline and they helped me out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
2009 R35 (GOD7ILLA)
393 Posts
My CBA head unit was replaced under warranty by the dealership. It was out of warranty, contacted the GTR hotline and they helped me out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app
Iirc the head unit (not screen) was warranty extended out to 6 years for CBA cars - similar to the cluster warranty extension.

If you're beyond the 6 year mark though (as many 2009 owners like myself would be now), then it may be tough getting it warrantied.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have CBA with no head unit issues. As a preventative measure should I try and have them replace it under warranty? Is there any advantage to replacing the head unit?

·
2009 R35 (GOD7ILLA)
393 Posts
Is there any advantage to replacing the head unit?
Re replacing with a '13-'14 model from Legertas...
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]The more recent MFD/audio updates provide much more satisfaction that our earlier '09-'10 somewhat dated systems.[/background]
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]http://www.gtrlife.c...stly-improved/[/background]
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]- Bluetooth audio without the need of any after-market adapter[/background]
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]- Much much improved iPod/iPhone audio control/search/etc.[/background]
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]- Direct rear camera connection (customized a little by Andrejus to make it even simpler) with grid lines[/background]
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]- Higher res screen (with slightly larger display area)[/background]
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]- USB mp3/audio input (doubles as the iPod input and I believe it charges devices also)[/background]
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]- DVD audio/video playback[/background]
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]- Newer (2014) Nav maps + ability to upgrade maps yourself using DVD(s)[/background]

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
2009 screen and electronics are absolute shit compared to 2012 and up...

STRONLY suggest you take the above advice...

Shawn

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
Maybe so, but did the 2011 have the updated electronics? (nav updateable from CD, etc?)

Shawn
The major firmware/software changes were DBA, but 2011 got the higher-res MFD screen.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Would the 2011 high-res screen be compatible with the dba av unit wiring conversion from legarus? Wouldn't that be easiest for the cba guys so the screen would be a 100% fit?

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts