Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

after installing my main gauge pieces i'm now thinking it's time to replace my silver oem centre console trim as it's full of chips and scratches (very poor quality)

if i'm going to spend the money on an oem replacement just to get scratched up again, i'm wondering what other members have done

has anyone tried clear bra'ing it with a matte film?

anyone wrapped it in alcantara?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
hi guys

after installing my main gauge pieces i'm now thinking it's time to replace my silver oem centre console trim as it's full of chips and scratches (very poor quality)

if i'm going to spend the money on an oem replacement just to get scratched up again, i'm wondering what other members have done

has anyone tried clear bra'ing it with a matte film?

anyone wrapped it in alcantara?
That is exactly what I was thinking, clear bra'ing the trim pieces so that they won't get scratched.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a replacement from the dealer as it wasn't too expensive

I have a roll of alcantara, im going to wrap my old console myself to see how it looks before getting it pro done

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
I wrapped the sides of my console in alcantara with double stitching. My 2012 top piece is already scratched so I will send my old one to the paint shop to paint in a gunmetal colour.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
any pics of the side console aristo

i have based my interior on the wald demo car, and ill either do the silver trim in alcantara or the sides to match my binnacle lid

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I made a thread about this foo, I would really like to find a piece in CF but it's hard because I want it to match up to the weave on my 2012.

I have also been thinking of color matching it to the gunmetal piece on the shifter, and having a good clear sprayed on it. The scratches show up really bad in direct sunlight.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Tom, I have the 12' shiftknob and I want to match all my silver trims to the color of the button of the knob.
Domino I'll snap pics tomorrow of the sides which I based on the Wald as well. I have an extra centre console and will redo it with red stitching because the black with black does not stand out on the current setup.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aristo did you need to sand back the edges of the console trim? did the thickness wrapping the material around the backside make them hard to fit back?

that's my only concern..... and that the trimmer would need to get the double stitching perfectly straight to look any good

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Please be sure to update with your progress guys, as this is something I would like to find a good looking solution to.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Here's my centre console. As you can see the black stitching was the wrong choice IMO but it's not bad looking.

\
A better pic of my Egoist Edition airbag:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks good, think I'll stick with the Wald theme too

Black stitching is fine, red would look out of place without the red seats

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
That is exactly what I was thinking, clear bra'ing the trim pieces so that they won't get scratched.
Clear bra on interior? Reminds me of this:

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Clear bra on interior? Reminds me of this:

Your mama is Lame....it doesn't look like that if done properly dumb fuck

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
hands up who missed the part where we're talking about the plastic trim and not the seats

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Domino you mean middle finger up

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
Your mama is Lame....it doesn't look like that if done properly dumb fuck
Wtf? If you don't agree, aren't there better ways to express your point of view or are you simply lacking mental capacity and self control to respond in a civilized manner?

Nvm, your post answers that question quite clearly, Francis.

Edit: wait, is this because you're still butthurt I didn't buy your overpriced seats? If so, sorry I missed out on your top notch customer service skills..

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Wtf? If you don't agree, aren't there better ways to express your point of view or are you simply lacking mental capacity and self control to respond in a civilized manner?

Nvm, your post answers that question quite clearly, Francis.

Edit: wait, is this because you're still butthurt I didn't buy your overpriced seats? If so, sorry I missed out on your top notch customer service skills..
no Pat, but it's clear whos feelings are hurt here.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
overpriced is normally a matter of opinion so normally a "good deal" is 50% below MSRP or better.

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
no Pat, but it's clear whos feelings are hurt here.
DUDE, nothing I said warranted sort of response you offered. Let's not let this conversation slide any further into typical shit one can find elsewhere. If you can't manage that, add me to ignore - I can live with that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts