Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone thoughts on having the mid pipe and back section of exhaust ceramic coated?
The exhaust will be a 4" ETS stainless steel setup.

I'm not sure if will cause problems with welds later on as it's keeping heat in seems to be only issue/concern I've read on line.

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
What's everyone thoughts on having the mid pipe and back section of exhaust ceramic coated?
The exhaust will be a 4" ETS stainless steel setup.

I'm not sure if will cause problems with welds later on as it's keeping heat in seems to be only issue/concern I've read on line.
Theory is that keeping the heat in the pipes will create more energy. But I would think coating past the down pipes will be useless. Ceramic coating the exhaust manifold and turbine housing would be beneficial though.

·
Registered
695 Posts
My DPs and midpipe are both ceramic coated and have no problems, I don't think you would have any problems on the catback

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy I'm getting exhaust from does powder coating and offered to do it for free. I figured why not to help keep heat down by seats and transmission. Just wasn't sure if would cause more issues than it was worth.

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
The guy I'm getting exhaust from does powder coating and offered to do it for free. I figured why not to help keep heat down by seats and transmission. Just wasn't sure if would cause more issues than it was worth.
Dude, if you can get the ceramic coating for free, get it all done. It won't hurt. It just costs everyone else money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts