Nissan GT-R Forum banner

CF Wing OEM Style - Is there one?

2K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  jaspergtr 
#1 ·
Is there a decent vendor that produces a good looking OEM wing that doesn't cost $100,000?

I've been looking around, and have seen some that only do the top part, some remove the center pillar, no light, etc...

Is there an entire replacement of the rear wing, in exact OEM configuration?

#13 ·
I have wanted a OEM style CF rear wing for a long time, but I keep putting it off.

I'm worried the weave won't match up with the tear diffuser on my 2012.

Fitment and finish are the next problem. The pics of the Seibon one look good, but I know they have had some serious quality/fitment issues in the past.

Sean, you say fit and finish on this wing is "good". What issues are causing you to say its not perfect fitment?

#18 ·
We actually just did a custom project where we took the OEM wing and wrapped in carbon for a customer:

The cost for doing this was extremely reasonable; considerably less than buying virtually any aftermarket wing on the market. And you're also getting a piece that fits like OEM, since it is OEM.

With regard to matching, 2x2 twill carbon fiber weaves are all very close in appearance. I could show one person two totally different weaves - one 3K and one 6K or 10K and they wouldn't know the difference. Some people might nitpick if they were right next to each other and they were very discerning, but even then, it's very close in appearance.

#22 ·
Ahh, I understand now. If you look at the photo, you can see that it's the entire wing - top and bottom of top plane and all three stands. The seams of the actual carbon fabric occur at different spots on the underside of the wing, so they're virtually unseen. The edges of the carbon are blended and then painted over in black, along with the parts you don't see when the wing is bolted together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.