Nissan GT-R Forum banner

CKC 2011-16 PnP Remote Nav/DVD Bypass with Aux input and Front Camera Options

13K views 111 replies 22 participants last post by  bdl99 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
More goodies at great prices..

All your bypass needs, using a neat remote that can be paired to you HomeLink® buttons! Click HERE for full explanation of what the bypasses are.

Highlights:
  • Gives you an additional video input for a front camera
  • You only need a Philips screwdriver to install and a trim tool is recommended
  • Full step by step instructions with lots of pictures
  • No soldering
  • No cutting of any wires
  • No drilling
  • Optional AV kit to enable auxiliary AV input for iPod etc (not compatible with EU cars)
  • Uses 4 button remote (Which can be paired to HomeLink® buttons on the rear view mirror)
    • Button 1 overide the Parking Brake Sensor also known as DVD bypass (the kit can also be configured so this is permanently over-ridden)
    • Button 2 override the Speed Sensor also know as Nav Bypass
    • Button 3 Activate the rear camera (if installed) without needing to be in reverse
    • Button 4 toggle between two video inputs (one that can be used for Front Camera)
Kit without Auxiliary AV input: $225
or​
Kit with Auxiliary AV input: $275

Front Camera option: add $160 $140

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is a must for 2012 models because the front lip is too low to clear any parking stumps. the fron camera really helps me out when parking. I also use the parking and speed override to operate my phone and nav functions as well as watching dvd's ( safely of course) while moving. Good thing about it is that you are able to program the homelink buttons on the rear view mirror to operate this system. Very cool. Best mod so far. 2 big thumbs up for quality and customer service.

#4 ·
This is definitely a must-have upgrade. I procrastinated on purchasing this kit until I hit two different parking curbs with my front lip and realized I needed a preventative measure. In addition, I installed a rear wing that blocks a considerable amount of view from the rear so I also wanted a solution that would permit me to trigger the rear OEM camera on my 2012 on demand.

Brian processed my order very quickly and I amazingly received it within a couple days even with the Christmas rush. I had one question about how to turn on the front camera during the install and Brian responded to my inquiry immediately. Overall responsiveness from Brian has been great.

The kit is truly plug-n-play, NO wire cutting needed. This kit is packaged so well it could be offered by Nissan as an OEM upgrade. Install took me approximately one hour with most of the time spent tucking away the wires from the front camera. I wish all upgrades could be this easy!

My rear view has improved greatly as I can now switch on my rear view camera on-demand without being in reverse. Having front view is also great as I no longer have to ask my wife to get out of the car to check distance to curb :) I haven't used the additional Aux input yet but I am sure it too will work flawlessly.

Like the other member I really like how I can program my Homelink mirror to trigger different functions. Pressing one of the buttons on my mirror and seeing my rear view quickly turn on has to be the coolest mod!

#5 ·
Interested, but I wanna see pictures of the remote as well as a DIY instructions if possible

I want to get the bypass kit with AUX AV input and front camera for my 2013

-AJ

#6 ·
There is no reason to think the 2013 will be any different to the 2012 regarding these kits but I wont know for definite until I see the service manual.

You can see the remote on my website
http://www.carkitcompany.com/nissan-gtr/nissan-gtr-bypass-remote
At the bottom that page there is also a video where you can see the remote in operation.

And of course you can always pair the buttons to the Homelink buttons on the mirror and use them instead.

Finally if you PM me your email address I can send you the instructions.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Kits in stock (front cameras due in 1-2 weeks)

When comparing kits please remember to ask:
  • Does the kit come with a plug and play harness - Our kit has a plug and play harness
  • Does the kit require any wires to be cut or joined - The plug and play harness in our kit means no wires need to be cut or joined.

#11 ·
Yes

Front cameras still due on the 25th and 2 are not spoken for.

Because the front cameras could be sold in various kits the 2011/12 bypass kits with front cameras was marked as out of stock on the website but I've fixed that if you want to order one
http://www.carkitcom...r-bypass-remote

For your 2012 with factory rear camera (if I remember correctly) you would want the $415 kit which would be AV inputs, remote bypass and front camera.

#12 ·
Thanks for all the orders guy, you've cleared me out of front cameras and they are not even here yet!

For everyone else, more front cameras on the way and no need to pay any more than neccessary... Good things are worth waiting for

#13 ·
Bump for Brian,

This kit is beyond awesome. Brian has created a aftermarket kit that adapts with the OEM nav/dvd/camera so well, it functions flawlessly. I installed this unit tonight after work, and it took me about an hour to do everything. No removal of front bumper needed. No removal of navigation/cd player needed. No splicing whatsoever?! It almost sounds too good to be true. Majority of the time during the installation involved tidying up the slightly excess wiring and tucking it away because i'm personally picky. The instructions were straight forward, very detailed pictures, and the kit is truly plug and play. Front camera shows the CORRECT image. Not to mention brian always answered my PM's in a very fast manner.

Thanks again brian for creating this kit and your help with the community!

#15 ·
More goodies at great prices..

All your bypass needs, using a neat remote that can be paired to you HomeLink® buttons!

Highlights:
  • Gives you an additional video input for a front camera
  • You only need a Philips screwdriver to install and a trim tool is recommended
  • Full step by step instructions with lots of pictures
  • No soldering
  • No cutting of any wires
  • No drilling
  • Optional AV kit to enable auxiliary AV input for iPod etc (not compatible with EU cars)
  • Uses 4 button remote (Which can be paired to HomeLink® buttons on the rear view mirror)
    • Button 1 overide the Parking Brake Sensor also known as DVD bypass (the kit can also be configured so this is permanently over-ridden)
    • Button 2 override the Speed Sensor also know as Nav Bypass
    • Button 3 Activate the rear camera (if installed) without needing to be in reverse
    • Button 4 toggle between two video inputs (one that can be used for Front Camera)
Kit without Auxiliary AV input: $225
or​
Kit with Auxiliary AV input: $275

Front Camera option: add $160 $140
do you have instruction , how remove console and stereo to get to the instation start?

#16 ·
Good prices, please quote me for a 2013 GT-R black edition.

#17 ·
Can you PM me a quote for the nav/dvd bypass WITH front camera. Car is a 2012 w/ OEM rear camera.

Thanks.

#18 ·
#19 ·
it says the product is out of stock

when do you expect to have this back in stock?

-AJ

#22 ·
I'll be placing my order tonight

paying is not working well for me using my phone

-AJ

#23 ·
Let me know what phone and what issues and I will take a look. I've tested on an Iphone and Samsung Galaxy S but nut tried every combination. I've also recently added a shopping cart as now people are generally looking to order multiple items so maybe I broke something.

Thanks,
Brian

#24 ·
Order placed sir

The website was working well on my iPhone, but the drop menus and the blank fields were acting up on my iPhone 4 (it may have been a bad/slow connection as the website didn't look like it was loaded fully)

-AJ

#25 ·
a quick question

the kit with the AUX AV + front cam

one AUX AV will be used for the cam, and one will be free?
any option of adding a third? as I'm looking into the idea of a Garmin nav to run through the AUX AV to have Middle East maps on my US spec GT-R if needed

-AJ

#26 ·
Correct it gives you Front camera and one free input for iPad etc. Currently the kit is only an A/B switch, but you could add another simple A/B switch to allow a third+. What output does the Garmin Nav have, I may have other idea if you wanted a HD input using RGB or HDMI for something like a car PC.

#30 ·
got the kit and everything looks top notch, I'm more than satisfied with the quality

I only have a couple of question

the white marking on the camera is just to show where the top is? so I can clean it up when installing it?

how tight is the front camera held in place? any recommendations or things to watch out for?

Again, thanks for a great product Brian, can't wait to get my car and get this thing installed!

-AJ

#31 ·
You are absolutely correct the white mark is just to help align the camera, I found that was very time consuming to do (especially when installing on your own) adding the white mark really helps. It is just whiteout and can be easily remove once installed.

The camera only needs to be finger tight, even if is was to work loose (which hasn't happened with any kits that I know of) it cant go anywhere (neither the camera or the retaining nut).

I've included all the tips that I can think of in the instructions but perhaps others on here that have installed may have tips to add.

#32 ·
Thanks for the order and more kits in stock for everyone else.

Check out our vendor reviews and feedback and you will see you won't be disappointed, the best price for a quality plug and play kits.

#34 ·
#35 ·
Brian,
Got the kit installed it really is top notch. Looks like I may have hit a rock cracked the camera lens, can I just replace the lens?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.