Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
[background=transparent][background=transparent]Fully Plug and Play Remote Start Kit using OEM Remote for all US GTRs with option to add smartphone control[/background][/background]

[background=transparent]Car Kit Company [/background][background=transparent]has developed a Plug and Play remote start kit and below is the teaser/proof of concept video that was created early in the project to show just how easy the install is.[/background]

Nissan GTR Plug and play Remote Start kit that uses the OEM remote and can be installed in minutes. Just like all of our kits there is no cutting, drilling or soldering just simply plug and play.

Highlights:
  • Start the car with the OEM Remote
  • Installed in 5-15 minutes!
  • Full step by step instructions
  • No soldering
  • No cutting of any wires
  • No drilling
Prices:

$299 for Fortin Based Solution

The Fortin based solution is ideal for someone wanting just the standalone system, using the OEM keyfob Lock x3 to start/stop. It supports "get in and drive" functionality. Although it will work with SmartStart module it has slightly reduced functionality over the Directed solutions and therefore we recommend the Directed based solution if you think you might want the SmartStart module in the future.

$349[background=transparent] [/background]for Directed based Solution

The Directed based solution is ideally suited to those looking to add SmartStart or extended range remotes. Like the Fortin kit and the previous Directed based kit it has support for OEM keyfob lock x3 to start/stop, SmartStart support and "Get it and drive" functionality. This kit is based on a more expensive offering from Directed and there are a couple of advantages of this kit over the previous Directed kit:
  • It is technically possible to have extended range remote AND Smartstart install simultaneously
  • When adding an extended range remote the XL202 module is not required as it was with the previous offering
[background=transparent]Please note that currently this is for USDM customers only, we do hope to offer EU kits etc if the future (currently undergoing testing).[/background]

FAQ:

Q: Can I add an extended range remote and the SmartStart Module?
A: It is technically possible with the latest Directed based version but customers typically do one or the other

[background=transparent]Q: Do I still need to carry the OEM remote to drive the car.[/background]
[background=transparent]A: Yes, you can start the car and unlock etc using these methods (SmartStart or extended range remotes), but when you enter the car and press the brake pedal to take control if the OEM key is not in range or in the keyslot the engine will stop. [/background]

Q: What is the range of the OEM remote for starting the car?
A: The range is the same as for locking and unlocking, if you can lock/unlock the car using the remote then you would be able to start the car.

Q: What if I want a longer range?
A: See '[background=transparent]Controlling with iPhone/Android Phone' [/background]sections below

[background=transparent][background=transparent]Q: How do I go about installing and activating SmartStart module[/background][/background]
[background=transparent][background=transparent]A: See the following post and request the instructions for the 3rd step from me (via email or PM)[/background][/background]

[background=transparent]Controlling with iPhone/Android Phone[/background]

[background=transparent]
[/background]

[background=transparent]I will give feedback on my experiences and full instructions for installing/activation, but looking at the prices it makes more sense for people to just purchase themselves for two reasons:[/background]
[background=transparent]1) I've seen heavy discounts on Amazon etc so I couldn't make the price any more attractive[/background]
[background=transparent]2) Unlike the remote options there is only one component and not one that is difficult to find[/background]

[background=transparent]The two models to look at at are:[/background]
  • [background=transparent]DSM200 seen them for ~$80-100[/background]
  • [background=transparent]DSM250 (as above but with GPS) ~$150[/background]
[background=transparent]There is an annual contract required for DSM200/250. The 200 is $50/year or $130 if you pay for three years. The 250 with GPS is a little more expensive and I believe there are two levels of service, one is ~$70/year an the other ~$90/year again with a discount for signing up for multiple years.[/background]

·
Registered
342 Posts
This is a must have kit, I have it and I recommend it.
Very easy installation + excellent quality + great seller.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another great product. Does this work well with the auto-folding mirrors addon too? No issues?
Glad you asked. There was one scenario that wasn't a major problem, but was something that I wanted to fix and I have created a little extra module when people want all my toys

The problem was that to avoid the mirrors folding in or out while the car is moving (auto-lock etc) it was basically designed not to take any action on lock or unlock signals if the Ignition circuit was live. Before the remote start kit this was a good solution, but that created the following problem/scenario.
  • The car is locked and the mirrors fold in
  • The car is remote started using lock x 3
  • Car starts and runs for xx minutes (depending on programming)
  • Returning to the car while it is still running, the car is unlocked using the remote or the door button
  • The mirrors stay folded in because the ignition is on because the engine is running
  • On entering the car the driver needs to switch the mirror button to open position and then back to Neutral position to unfold mirrors
That wasn't a big deal but it bugged me enough to create a solution involving an additional little module that I will provide free of charge to anyone wanting it to work as demonstrated in the video below

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. Will be getting both of these soon!

PS. if you ever need more beta testers, let me know
Great, I will remember that. I have a few ideas for other kits but just need to find the time to develop them.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also when I enter the vehicle it is ready to go I can just put it in drive and go right.....
You have to press the brake pedal on entering the car and then you can just put in drive and go.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see you fixed the auto folding mirror issue, I may have to pick this up! What other products do you have in the pipeline, ill test anything haha
yes, minor thing, but you knew it was going to bug me

Nothing else in the pipeline currently and been keeping busy keeping up with demand. I do have a few ideas but nothing more than ideas currently.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Installed mine today.

Great product Brian. Works great!

I moved my bypass switch View attachment 48681
To the drivers side my the hood release for easy access to disable the system when I open the hood.

Planning to put the hood switch in but have not found where to run the wire thru yet.
Cool and thanks for the picture, which I'm sure others will find useful (I will add to the instructions also).

I will send you the instructions for the front camera that shows the easiest way to get to the engine bay which is pretty close to where you mounted the switch. To avoid running another wire to the passenger side you could actually wire from the switch to the hood pin.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[sup]ARE YOU STILL SELLING THE REMOTE START I SENT YOU MY INFORMATIONS[/sup]
Yes, invoice sent.

Not sure what happened as I don't remember getting a notification that I had a new PM.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.