Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after turning the oem rotors today (front), put back together , good news the shimmy is gone (thank god) but when put back together with my 70% oem pads, NOw I HAVE A CLANKING IN FRONT like the calipers are loose when i hit the smallest bump, i watched the whole job , property torqed and use a bit of blue thread lock on each bolt , could he got the pads mixed up ?

thanks in advance
randy

·
Registered
408 Posts
after turning the oem rotors today (front), put back together , good news the shimmy is gone (thank god) but when put back together with my 70% oem pads, NOw I HAVE A CLANKING IN FRONT like the calipers are loose when i hit the smallest bump, i watched the whole job , property torqed and use a bit of blue thread lock on each bolt , could he got the pads mixed up ?

thanks in advance
randy
How were the rotors turned? With a fully floating disc like the GT-R setup they should be dis-mounted frmo the bells and machined on a surface gringer or latch with teh correct attachments to make sure the discs is held paralle to the cutting face. If yuors were taken apart the mounting hardward (bolts, springs and nuts) should not have ben re-used, but assuming they you did reuse them were teh springs fitted back correctly? Pictures might help here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts