·
Registered
827 Posts
I love the production and photography in top gear videos

amazing

·
Registered
329 Posts
LOL, he's disappointed because the car is too good. He'd enjoy it more if it sucked and handling or breaking or gearing, but it doesn't so he isn't scared by it. I think that is odd

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's what I don't understand - many professional auto reporters have commented that the car is "boring" despite its fast lap times. Is it not possible to push the car even harder - faster - through the turns so that the car is no longer "boring".

Or is it a binary condition - either 1) the car is amazingly fast, in control, and boring - vs. 2) the car is more than amazingly fast, exciting, and running off the track.

In other words, the harder you push the car, it really doesn't get exciting until the car is completely out of control?

I have to get my GT-R to a track.....

·
Sobchak Security
3,531 Posts
It's like saying a gun is too accurate...

·
Registered
397 Posts
didnt he say last time that the car for amazing? that it felt anolog and the whole nine?

im confused

·
Registered
294 Posts
jeremy is a flip flop... last video he praised the gtr quoting that nissan has made a new yardstick.. infact the car was cornering so hard that he hurt his neck. and now he comes back and says that its boring.

he is a joke..

the black GTR is Awesome looking.. very happy with my car and color choice

GTR Rules

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
he loves the car, it just not thrilling enough. he just doesnt think its the TOP car to wet his veggies.

looks are a matter of opinion.

jeromey has been playing telliphone and he doesnt get his facts right on alot of stuff.

if he wants to push the car to its edge's and find the limit, he can have some fun. plus if he drives the car like steve millen he will have fun. he doesnt do either. he never will drive the car great, he isnt really a great driver, never was and he never will be.

·
Founder/Admin
26,253 Posts
uh what the hell did he turn off the VDC button is no where near there lol

·
Registered
751 Posts
i think everyone agrees the car should make a lil more noise stock.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I sympathize with his opinion - the car requires less skill to drive at the limit and hence requires fewer corrections. As such it is not as much of a thrill. It is like hooking up with a woman who really wants you versus paying a hooker for the same. The GT-R is the prostitute of supercars.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
didnt he say last time that the car for amazing? that it felt anolog and the whole nine?

im confused
yes, welcome to Jeremy Clarkson. The waffler of the decade. Take him with a grain of salt and just enjoy his dry British humor. At least he never said "Playstation" in this review.

I pretty much knew he'd end up here, though. He's predictably bored with overly-engineered supercars. He didn't much like the Ferrari 599 for the same reasons. Too boring, soulless, clinical, too much traction control, too well-made.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
what I'm hearing is now (after the glowing Top Gear S11 review), Clarkson is saying he likes what the car does, but not how it does it. Big deal... the first part is objective, the second part is subjective. So, objectively, the car excels but subjectively may not be for everyone. Basically confirming what everyone already knows. Personally, I love the level of confidence the GT-R conveys. i do not find it the least bit boring because I feel certain I can throw the car around in ways I would never dream of with other cars.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
exactly - driver confidence... that, to me, is everything... on the track - but infinitely more important on the roads - w/passengers.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Here's what I don't understand - many professional auto reporters have commented that the car is "boring" despite its fast lap times. Is it not possible to push the car even harder - faster - through the turns so that the car is no longer "boring".

Or is it a binary condition - either 1) the car is amazingly fast, in control, and boring - vs. 2) the car is more than amazingly fast, exciting, and running off the track.

In other words, the harder you push the car, it really doesn't get exciting until the car is completely out of control?

I have to get my GT-R to a track.....
that's pretty close to my rather rude statement i made about this over at mygtr.

if it's boring, but he can't find the limits... wouldn't that imply that he's not pushing the car? and if he was finding the limits of the car, wouldn't it be more fun?

so he's doing 25mph in a 35mph zone, and complaining because he's going too slow...

i liked the analogy, my gun is too accurate. it's no fun. i keep hitting bullseyes every shot. stupid gun.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts