Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
I know I've brought this up before but now I can't find my own thread. (Maybe it was deleted too?).

Anyhow, why does NAGTROC admin/market moderator delete classified ads once the item has sold? That is valuable information right there. Especially if the seller says what the price was that got it to sell.

Furthermore, there are lots of questions and answers that come up on these classified threads. And now that info is all gone. It's absolutely effing insane that these ads get deleted. Who cares if they're still in the sub forum? As long as people are viewing the thread, that's a benefit to the forum and to the users.

I know there was talk of setting up another sub forum for all the sold threads to get moved to. But so far, that's all it is.... talk.

Think about all of the users who were not honest in their dealings. THose people were outed in quick fashion on THAT very forum. Now that info is just gone and there's no trace of those dousche bags. Think about all the people who can more accurately price their goods when they can see what prices people have been paying for wheels, tires, engine upgrades, exhausts, etc., etc.,. But now, we'll all just put our finger to the wind and pull a number out of our ass, waste more of our time, their time, everyone's time.

This is a hell of a forum and I spend way too much time here I'm sure. But please, for the love of God, bring back the old classified ads. Or put them in another sub forum.

That is all. [shakes fist at passing cloud]

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I know I've brought this up before but now I can't find my own thread. (Maybe it was deleted too?).

Anyhow, why does NAGTROC admin/market moderator delete classified ads once the item has sold? That is valuable information right there. Especially if the seller says what the price was that got it to sell.

Furthermore, there are lots of questions and answers that come up on these classified threads. And now that info is all gone. It's absolutely effing insane that these ads get deleted. Who cares if they're still in the sub forum? As long as people are viewing the thread, that's a benefit to the forum and to the users.

I know there was talk of setting up another sub forum for all the sold threads to get moved to. But so far, that's all it is.... talk.

Think about all of the users who were not honest in their dealings. THose people were outed in quick fashion on THAT very forum. Now that info is just gone and there's no trace of those dousche bags. Think about all the people who can more accurately price their goods when they can see what prices people have been paying for wheels, tires, engine upgrades, exhausts, etc., etc.,. But now, we'll all just put our finger to the wind and pull a number out of our ass, waste more of our time, their time, everyone's time.

This is a hell of a forum and I spend way too much time here I'm sure. But please, for the love of God, bring back the old classified ads. Or put them in another sub forum.

That is all. [shakes fist at passing cloud]
Never understood why this was. It'd make buyers feel a lot more comfortable if sellers could refer them to their previous dealings.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed; starting today threads will no longer be removed once items are sold.

We also have new policies we've been working on that will be going into effect as early as this weekend.
Oh, very cool.

Honestly, this forum is one of my favorite places on the interwebz. I somehow knew that smart reasonable people would see the benefit of keeping those classified ads around for us to see.

Thanks for listening and, more imporantly, acting. [smiles at passing cloud]

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed; starting today threads will no longer be removed once items are sold.

We also have new policies we've been working on that will be going into effect as early as this weekend.
I hope new policy will allow us to comment on for sale threads. While it's great to keep the old classified ads around, I think it's equally important to allow us to have a dialogue on the thread. (so long as it's respectful, and not threadjacking). But I've seen even innocent, good questions (and the resulting informative answer) get zapped. Why not leave it there? I'm sure someone else had the same question and I see no point in having the OP receive multiple PMs for the same question.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I hope new policy will allow us to comment on for sale threads. While it's great to keep the old classified ads around, I think it's equally important to allow us to have a dialogue on the thread. (so long as it's respectful, and not threadjacking). But I've seen even innocent, good questions (and the resulting informative answer) get zapped. Why not leave it there? I'm sure someone else had the same question and I see no point in having the OP receive multiple PMs for the same question.
I disagree. Most of the times the thread gets derailed by comments. Half of the time, it will be something like this "bump for a good seller". The ads should be clean and to the point and there should be a policy to not allow the seller to bump the thread so frequently.
Just my $0.02

·
Administrator
4,166 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New policy was posted in case you guys missed it - http://www.nagtroc.o...ketplace-rules/ (shown at the top of every FS forum)

Short story: threads with sold items stay, no bumping, no threadjacking. legitimate questions and vouching are ok. sellers must post pictures and prove they have what they're selling.
Brilliant. Not that you needed it, but the new policy gets the jonnyt5050 seal of approval!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts