Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another random gem from moi.

How do you keep your pipes clean? I mean the inner part. (No puns intended this time lol)

I noticed that my detail guy doesn't get them shiny (Albeit its just a hand wash and not a detail) (Still no puns!) I was wondering is there something I should tell him to spray into them while cleaning the car (Like an alloy wheel cleaner) to get them to shine like new?

Im sure you all agree they look amazing when they are all cleaned up.

On another note what is the best spray to keep my pipes clean? (All puns welcome)

Thanks!

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
I use a combination of detail spray and a clay bar.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I usually just use some glass cleaner and MF rag. Mine have a build up now from my lazy winter wash schedule, so they will need a good cleaning come spring.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Just takes a lot of elbow grease!

edit: I suggest using your left hand to balance out the workout you give your right arm all the time.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Just takes a lot of elbow grease!

edit: I suggest using your left hand to balance out the workout you give your right arm all the time.
LOL ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
oven cleaner..I spent 30 minutes trying to clean one pipe and didn't get anywhere. sprayed some oven cleaner in them and wiped with a rag. all four tips looked like new in 5 minutes. of course they only stayed that way for a day

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
i have the best stuff ever in my garage.. i forgot what its called i have to double check but its for like boat props and stuff ... it works amazing.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
If they are sooted up like crazy, I used Simple Green and very very lightly used 0000 steel wool to get the soot off. After that, just dilute some Simple Green and water. Billet polish if they are dull.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.