Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Started my GTR today after about a week and noticed AC blowing at highest speed and none of the buttons work. The screen shows the gauges and they work, but you cann change them as function button does not work. Ive read about heat issues and also bad units. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. I live in Maui and unfortunately the Nissan dealer here doesnt have a GTR tech. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Year of the car?
I would start by taking apart the center console to confirm everything is 1. plugged in and 2. not eaten by critters.
Very very easy to take apart and confirm. Plenty of videos and write ups already on it.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Start by simple dis connect battery for 5 minutes with ground cable ................ It resets stuff...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I disconnected the battery for 5 min and seemed to do the trick. Controls started working again. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Please don't tell me it's that simple. I've had my head unit at a car stereo place for a month and they can't figure out what's going on. I'm going to have them try that next week when I take the car back up there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts