Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is cba 2009 R35

Out of dudden, AC decided not to work. When we starting the car, the AC is blowing normal air and the cilmate control buttons not responding at all. The stereo/radio buttons are working fine.

I checked and replaced the 10amp fuse (elec. Fuse) in driver side without luck and still the controls notvresponding but the air blowing has been stopped!removed the battery and same results.

Have done the self diagnostic system snd found attached issue but with no further info.

Any idea what to do, it us extreemly hot here and cannot drive the car with no AC

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Did you do the diagnostics test on it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, but all status shown ok except one
Tx (HVAC) is ok
Rx (HAVAC) is unknown

Also, we checked if there electricity delivered to this module, the three plugs from back, only the left one has power (checked by lamp tester), while the other two cables have no power,,,not sure if this is normal.

Using an OBD reader, shouldnt be dime dtc codes for such elec issue? So I can norrow down where is the issue exactly (control itsef, amplifier, grounding/wiring issue, etc)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Installed a new map using Cobb AP, and hoola! The AC turned on during the map install!

A/C now is working fine since two days. Is it a faluty module that resetting thr module when it is hot climate outside?!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sad news, switching maps is not working anymore, now every week or two,, my AC control will come off,,, and it is coming back with different strategy like battery disconnect sometimes, sometimes with manual reset via cobb, sometimes from the dash (Vehicle CAN => reset) after repeated times it will work and sometimes it will not!

Once the issue appears and the climate control is not working==> these code is set: U1000 and U1001
also you will see the HVAC (Rx) in the diagnostic mode under Vehicle Bus check is becoming "Unknown" instead of "OK"

Planning now to do last two things:
1) With the wiring diagram, I have checked the back of the module and nothing wrong with the 3 connectors, all good visually and connected very well, I will open the dash and under steering finding if we lost some ground or something worn with the wiring, as this is the only change (mounted seats, steering wheels and handbrake), before that I have zero issue,, not sure what is the root cause or might be any relation! I will give it a try and check!

2) I will try to replace the battery (mine is2009 and still on factory battery),,

Other than this, I think I will replace the module,,,I'm running out of ideas and this issue is annoying when you start the car and huh no AC!! of course you will not drive it in 110F climate!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have had cases where the voltmeter shows the connection between car modules, but really it was not enough for CAN works ! . Try to add separate CAN signal wires between the block AV UNIT and AC HVAC module .
Also, try to use another AC HVAC unit , for test will fit any same looking cheap module fron Nissan 370z,Murano,Pathfinder .....

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
just FYI the car will blow ac if there is no control panel plugged in at all. I would guess it crapped out. I would see if another gtr near you could swap theirs in to try.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I sure it is not control panel . Unit does not see via CAN - AC HVAC module !

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]Tx (HVAC) is ok[/background]
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]Rx (HAVAC) is unknown[/background]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have had cases where the voltmeter shows the connection between car modules, but really it was not enough for CAN works ! . Try to add separate CAN signal wires between the block AV UNIT and AC HVAC module .
Also, try to use another AC HVAC unit , for test will fit any same looking cheap module fron Nissan 370z,Murano,Pathfinder .....
any thanks for your support even in private messages. Regarding this issue, do you see groudning or weak battery might do this?
Also for this AC HVAC unit, any part# for the GT-R specefically for updated version if any? thank you

·
Registered
329 Posts
Of course it could be problem with grounding or power supply, but not for weak battery ! Check power on the AC module connector !

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G935F Tapatalk 4 Lt

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did not post until I confirmed the situation after almost 2 months of testing,
the replacement of the AC amplifier has fixed the issue for me! thank you all

111.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this thread is a bit old and that im necro posting but i recently had this issue as well and thought i would share some more info in case it helps other members. sorry in advance for my long reply.

i bought my gtr used and its a 2011 and the day after i got it home the ac controls wouldnt work at all. they worked fine the whole day before on the highway backroads etc. anyway i searched online and found this thread with the exact same problem i had so i ordered a replacement unit but was a bit impatient and wanted to see my current unit and what might be causing issues. so with that i took my console apart and removed the current amp module and broke that down until i had just the main board infront of me (extremely easy to do...just pop the clips all around while lifting upwards slightly and move on to the next clip. i used a pry tool for cell phones but a flat head screwdriver will work too. then you just remove the 2 fillips head screws holding the board in place).

im cert in doing component lvl repairs on computers and such and have experience in soldering not to mention the equipment (metcal mx-500p) to do it properly and safely but to be completely honest i think my issue could have been resolved with almost 0 experience and with a cheap wood burner/soldering iron sold at home depot in the combo packs. i dont recommend it but in this case higher end tools didnt make much of a difference i dont think just be sure to use flux and lead free solder since that is the kind nissan uses on these boards which also leads to the cold solder joint issues i experienced.

i looked at the connectors under a scope and found that a few pins on the connector had cold joints so those pins werent making contact with the wire harness which could have caused the issue. i also noticed one of the mosfets has one of the legs popped up so it wasnt making contact at all. just to be on the safe side i hit every pin on the connector with some fresh solder to reqork it back into the through hole mounting and hit every pin on each of the mofets (black block looking things with a flat back pin and usually 2 full pins on the front with the third middle pin cut off making no contact.

anyway long story short after reworking things a bit and letting it cool down i hooked everything back up and my ac fired back into life! it has been running great ever since then and i now have a spare one in case mine take a crap on me again and it needs to be replaced permanently. it technically didnt save me any money because i ordered the spare one right away but it goes to show a couple of hours of your time can save you a hundred bucks maybe. it may not fit every situation but its worth a shot. another thing to note is even when removed from power both at the battery and removing the module itself my ac wouldnt come on when hooked back up which is why i reworked the joints....if it had fired back up after being unplugged i wouldnt have checked the joints like i did.

one last thing for the folks that rather replace instead of fix the part....the 09-15 gtr's use the same ac amplifier module from what i can see. there are different revisions of the amp but they are just later buildouts of the same module and will have letters like A or C at the end of the part number on the sticker. so if you check ebay you will see an 09 amp is $130 but a 2012 amp is only $73 in or about....they are the same part so dont pay more for the same part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So something similar, volume works and stereo works but climate control will only work occasionally. I noticed hitting passenger side close to the unit would sometimes jolt it working again. Ac amp problem or thoughts?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts