Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi everybody.

I'm getting a second set of wheels&tires, and started researching TPMS options. Looks like the best solution for TPMS on the second set of wheels would be clone-able TPMS sensors, which could be programmed to have the same IDs, as the sensors on the first set. This way you just put on another set of wheels, and don't need to go through that re-learn process to make the car detect the new TPMS sensors, as their IDs are already registered.

I'm surprised this approach is not very commonly used - I didn't find many threads on the forum about the clone-able sensors. I've seen a couple people mentioned Alligator sensors, and EZ-Sensors by Schrader. Alligator ones seem to be pretty rare, EZ-Sensors are more common, and, I believe, Schrader is a good TPMS manufacturer, but I'm worried about several negative reviews for these on Amazon. There is also Standard Intermotor clone-able TPMS Sensor, but I don't know much about it.

Who is using clone-able TPMS sensors on their 2nd set of wheels? What brand do you have, and what is your experience with those?

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
I'm really interested in this as well. I bought new TPMS's but wound up reusing the originals when I put on the new wheels. I was wondering how to program them, and clone programming sound better to me! In for info...

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's some video about clone-able TPMS and the programming process (not for GT-R, but it should not depend on the car):

Looks easy when you have the tools.
I guess the important thing here is to make sure the tire shop, where we are going to program the sensors, is able to work with that specific brand.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
contact member n.g.s on here.

or check this thread the last few replies

http://www.gtrlife.c...ms/page__st__20
Thanks. Yes, I've seen that. But the thing is - I don't see Alligator sensors widely available. In fact, I've just browsed through a couple pages of Google results, and still haven't found where I could buy them and how much they cost. Where did you get yours?

Anyway, I'd prefer to have the sensors programmed in a local shop just to make it easier to trouble-shoot, if there are any issues: the old sensors could be re-read, the programming process could be repeated if needed, etc. I'm just afraid if the sensors for some reason will not work right away after installation, that will be a major problem to remove them from already mounted tires and send for re-programming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts