Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to pick up a used 10 gtr for my dd. i have the car for 2 days for a long test drive.

is it normal to have a slight "clunk" sound as the car shifts up and down? it's subtle, but it's definitely there.

thanks.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
totally normal....

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
normal if the clunk didn't come I would have been worried about the gearbox.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
i'm looking to pick up a used 10 gtr for my dd. i have the car for 2 days for a long test drive.

is it normal to have a slight "clunk" sound as the car shifts up and down? it's subtle, but it's definitely there.

thanks.
That's just one of the ways you know you're driving a GTR. :-D

·
R35 member
226 Posts
The GTR driver's manual mentions all sorts of clunks, squeaks, and rattles that are normal. At first, these noises sort of irritated me (mainly because they made me worry something wasn't right with the car). Now that I'm used to them, I really don't mind.

·
Registered
179 Posts
All the noises the GTR makes initially did my head in - but after 1000kms I got used to it..

Just remember this ain't no BMW M series where all you can hear in the car is your farts on the leather.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
The GTR driver's manual mentions all sorts of clunks, squeaks, and rattles that are normal. At first, these noises sort of irritated me (mainly because they made me worry something wasn't right with the car). Now that I'm used to them, I really don't mind.
I almost had a heart attack the other day when I was driving relatively slow on base and it shifted with a loud thud and a slight jerk. Its been fine since then but definitely gave me a scare.

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of the GTR.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.