Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
A couple days ago I smelled some sort of burning almost like rubber, smelled similar to a burned clutch.

I spoke with my mechanic friend and he said that a caliper would smell like that too, if there were issues with it.

It's been happening every time I drive it.But smell goes away within minutes of parking

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Could be just about anything.

Everything from diff fluid on exhaust to some sort of blanket caught up on the exhaust from the highway.

Get it up in the air and inspect. Soon.

Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm told that the clutches are wet (like a motorcycle) therefore you won't smell them. Does it only happen while driving hard? Or all the time?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I think it happens every time I drive. Hard or not.

Scheduled an appointment with Nissan Thursday so we'll see

·
Registered
386 Posts
Keep us in the loop. I get that smell after a hard third gear pull, my assumption was that it was either tire smell (from spinning) or brakes trying to control the spinning. Maybe it's something else, something serious.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep us in the loop. I get that smell after a hard third gear pull, my assumption was that it was either tire smell (from spinning) or brakes trying to control the spinning. Maybe it's something else, something serious.
Will do

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could be just about anything.

Everything from diff fluid on exhaust to some sort of blanket caught up on the exhaust from the highway.

Get it up in the air and inspect. Soon.

Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shawn was close. It was a fucking bag under there and it was burning on the exhaust haha

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Shawn was close. It was a fucking bag under there and it was burning on the exhaust haha

MOST of the time, these smells are symptoms of something harmless like this. It is imperative to get the car up and inspect ASAP, though. Can be something very bad.

Shawn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.