Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· GTR
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just installed my front mount intercooler kit, did a log and noticed that my clutch is slipping in 2nd gear around 5800-6300 but fine in 3rd and 4th.
CC is +5,+5 and TP is 0,0

Will installing/upgrading just the clutch be fine for the mean time? i dont plan on going bigger with turbos or make any more power
and never launch the car. only a bunch of roll racing.

current setup is built bottom end, with bl750x turbos, fmic, and cutout exhaust on e85 at 1.8 bar. probably making around 800-830whp and 650wtq-700wtq.

thanks!

· Registered
821 Posts
Is this a stock transmission? If so, you really should consider building it for that kind of power. I would say clutches would be the minimum. Look at some the vendors build options for your power level, that will give you some guidance on what you should be considering.

· Registered
2,821 Posts
I also added circlips.
Great idea and new seals not a bad idea either. It seems like most of the items on most trans builds are for reliability and longevity. I'm all about that. Why just do clutches if you can make it more bulletproof in the process (this is coming from someone who puts 10k miles a year on my GTR and plans to keep it for years to come).

· Registered
8,106 Posts
I think DBA don't need seals. I am trapping low 150s with 60-130 mph in 4.50s and no issues on stock gears so far.

Great idea and new seals not a bad idea either. It seems like most of the items on most trans builds are for reliability and longevity. I'm all about that. Why just do clutches if you can make it more bulletproof in the process (this is coming from someone who puts 10k miles a year on my GTR and plans to keep it for years to come).

· Registered
144 Posts
what about magnets kit? should we add some Dodson magnets for example?

I am using
Ben's 800ft clutch -16friction,14steel
baskets A&B
trans pan
circlips

having gtx30 setup and built engine, running
25psi on pump94
30psi on pump94+meth injection (planned)
35psi on racegas+meth (planned when having gears maybe)
I wouldnt run more than 30psi on stock gears, but have to see what Ben will approve.

I also wonder if my gears will last (DBA, 2012 model US), will try anyway to keep torque down, no boost of the line, no hard rolling launches (even I would like to test some "safe" rolling launches) , only street tires to be used (MPSS 285/295)
Will use mainly as daily driver at low boost, but during summer nights will do some highway pulls from time to time (30psi or so), a few road racing events (low boost), maybe 1-2 drag events/year (also like 30ish psi or more but guess not a good idea..)

· Registered
8,106 Posts
Why not magnet kit it is so cheap! I got same setup, I have run 26-30 psi on E85 and no issues yet. Maybe 20-30 drag passes, tons of 60-130+ (best 4.50) pulls and a few high speed pulls. MPSS 345/30/20 in the back will only hold about 22 psi of boost in 2nd gear in my car. I will be running half mi event and more drag events before end of January. If the gear breaks it did well already. We have the same year GTR and same tuner.

what about magnets kit? should we add some Dodson magnets for example?

I am using
Ben's 800ft clutch -16friction,14steel
baskets A&B
trans pan
circlips

having gtx30 setup and built engine, running
25psi on pump94
30psi on pump94+meth injection (planned)
35psi on racegas+meth (planned when having gears maybe)
I wouldnt run more than 30psi on stock gears, but have to see what Ben will approve.

I also wonder if my gears will last (DBA, 2012 model US), will try anyway to keep torque down, no boost of the line, no hard rolling launches (even I would like to test some "safe" rolling launches) , only street tires to be used (MPSS 285/295)
Will use mainly as daily driver at low boost, but during summer nights will do some highway pulls from time to time (30psi or so), a few road racing events (low boost), maybe 1-2 drag events/year (also like 30ish psi or more but guess not a good idea..)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.