Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering i hear about the clutches slipping , but i was wondering when are they needed to be replaced ?
I imagine it is a wearable item and is going to need to be replaced . Wondering if anyone has had just worn/slipping clutches .

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just wondering i hear about the clutches slipping , but i was wondering when are they needed to be replaced ?
I imagine it is a wearable item and is going to need to be replaced . Wondering if anyone has had just worn/slipping clutches .
I would start with a clutch re-learn first and perhaps increase the capacities if required before thinking about replacing the clutches.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
The clutches will eventually wear out, just alike any friction based item on the car. Under normal driving and normal power levels, it's unlikely you will blow through your clutches in under 30K miles as long as the transmissions is always in proper adjustment. As mentioned by Storm, the clutch capacities can be increased via the Consult3 or the Cobb APw/TCM.

What makes you think the clutches are slipping? We have customers that have 30K miles on their stock clutches, few power upgrades, with moderate track use and stock clutches are still holding up pretty well.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Wet clutches wear - very - slowly.
Using a good fluid that doesnt oxidise and cause premature abrasion to the clutches is a good start.
Well lubricated, adjusted, and tuned the stock clutches will live a very long and healthy life at 700awhp while having superb driveability

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don think mine are slipping , i am about at 30k miles . Just wondering the life of them . Cause if nissan doesn't sell transmission pieces , did they just expect the customer to purchase a new transmission when needed to be replaced .

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I don think mine are slipping , i am about at 30k miles . Just wondering the life of them . Cause if nissan doesn't sell transmission pieces , did they just expect the customer to purchase a new transmission when needed to be replaced .
Which may explain the "transmission replacement record" in the service and maintainance log of the 2009's.

Shawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.