Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I went ahead and pulled the trans, it's currently on a pallet. Notable observations were that the fluid looked pretty dirty but didn't smell burnt, very light "clutch dust" particles could be seen in the oil as it swirled into my container, much like a wet clutch on a motorcycle. And the fluid level was not one bit over serviced. I'm convinced now that old dirty oil and filters with the possibility of being underserviced were causing my erratic line pressure. Will post logs and tune results after I get it back from Shep. Also, for anyone considering DIY trans removal, its MUCH easier/faster than the engine. It was a pleasant surprise after reading some of the horror stories.
The only part that is frustrating is the two 10mm bolts on the top of the trans holding the shift cable. You have to slightly lower the trans to get your hand up there to access the bolts. Not too bad getting them off, but can be a PIA putting them back on.

·
Registered
100 Posts
How I hate those 10mm's. I forgot to install them one time and had it mostly installed and spent 3 hours busting my hand to get them in there. Total Pain in the ass.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is the bracket different on the CBA? I just 'rolled' the cable out of the bracket without undoing the bolts
. Rectangle Auto part Metal Electronics accessory Composite material

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Is the bracket different on the CBA? I just 'rolled' the cable out of the bracket without undoing the bolts
. View attachment 400307
I don't remember being able to separate the cable from the bracket, but perhaps I just overlooked that possibility. Nissan shows it as a stand alone part number for just the bracket on a 2009...34939-JF00A.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't remember being able to separate the cable from the bracket, but perhaps I just overlooked that possibility. Nissan shows it as a stand alone part number for just the bracket on a 2009...34939-JF00A.
Looks like it is different - looking up parts by my VIN (2013) shows part# 34939-JF00B

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yea I just pulled the rubber grommet out of that bracket. It wasn’t immediately obvious, but as I lowered it and got frustrated, it just kinda worked itself out. I did not remove the bracket from the trans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yea I just pulled the rubber grommet out of that bracket. It wasn’t immediately obvious, but as I lowered it and got frustrated, it just kinda worked itself out. I did not remove the bracket from the trans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tips and Tricks - This is much easier than trying to unbolt the bracket. Same during assembly, I used my largest flat screwdriver to push the rubber grommet back into the "U" groove in the bracket.

John-

21 - 27 of 27 Posts