Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
yipeeyo
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm about to pick up a Cobb Accessport and I'm trying to figure out whether I should get one with TCM or without.

I don't plan to play too much with adjustments once I've done a custom tune but would eventually rebuild the internals with AMS.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
allan

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Hey-

I would suggest picking up a NIS-006 - the unit WITH the TCM support.

TCM Support is a big deal whether you go crazy or not.

With the NIS-006 your able to run Gear Learning and if you plan on going with a bigger build you'll want to have the ability to adjust clutch capacity + touch points.

That being said currently the NIS-006 does not support Gear Learning, clutch capacity, touch points on cars equipped LC4 (Your car)

This is all temporary - Cobb is activity working on support for new cars, features and maps.

Hope that helps

-John

·
Registered
224 Posts
So john, does this mean that the nis 006 is able to run and tune the 2012 engine, but not the transmission portion or tcm?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
The Cobb can program/flash both the tcm and ecm with out a problem.

It currently can not do gear learning, touch points or clutch capacities on any car running LC4..

This is due to one of the many changes in LC4 that Cobb is tracking down.

John

(null)

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
For those with 2012's who are on the fence on whether or not to get the 006, keep in mind that you can always upgrade the 005 to a 006 for the difference in price ($500) at a later date.

I don't see the 006 being very beneficial on the 2012 like it is 2009-11's until they sort out the LC4 bugs. The clutch gear learning, touch points and clutch capacities are the reason you buy the 006.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good idea Ryan, ill probably go with a 005 then. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
420 Posts
For those with 2012's who are on the fence on whether or not to get the 006, keep in mind that you can always upgrade the 005 to a 006 for the difference in price ($500) at a later date.

I don't see the 006 being very beneficial on the 2012 like it is 2009-11's until they sort out the LC4 bugs. The clutch gear learning, touch points and clutch capacities are the reason you buy the 006.
Completely agree Ryan. That's why I went with the nis-005 and will upgrade to 006 later when the 12 bugs are worked out at cobb. Now I'm just hoping that cobb gets the ots maps done for the 12 before March/April.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry to go a little off topic here, but if you have a 09 car that has LC1-2, are you able to change which LC version you run through the Cobb? Or do you just go to your nearest dealer and they flash what the latest firmware?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
You can use Cobb alpha LC4 software which is free and install from your access port (ap006)

Sorry to go a little off topic here, but if you have a 09 car that has LC1-2, are you able to change which LC version you run through the Cobb? Or do you just go to your nearest dealer and they flash what the latest firmware?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.