Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The information about the Cobb AP seems to be spread out in so many different forums it is hard for me to search for a topic that addresses my question.

Essentially: is there anything in the Cobb tune that makes the car more pleasant to drive on a day-to-day basis? Is the power more accessible, the shifting smoother, anything like that? I keep hearing all this hush-hush talk about LC4 for '09's (what I have) but this is only from beta maps apparently?

I'm not out to engage in horsepower wars, only to make my car the most fun, daily-driveable car as possible.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
The beta cobb can put 2012 software on your 2009 in beta but it can't adjust the trans settings like prior versions (yet)... Should be fixed soon. Ecutek does this but doesn't have the ability to do email tunes yet (waiting for ecutek to make a cable).
You will love both solutions. Tho ecutek is going to have more transmission related functions in a few months. Both will void warranty if your going to tune it... Some have got work done under warranty. Just saying there is more than just cobb with some good stuff.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?/topic/65148-mapping-with-ecutek-technology-now-available-at-ams/
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?/topic/64248-gtr-gets-adjustable-launch-control-via-ecutek-racerom/
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?/topic/65259-ecutek-vs-cobb-ap-cobb-is-sinking-behind/
Some threads for reading. Plenty more on this forum... Use the search bar in my signature it works to search this site a little better.

I'd say just by guessing 98% of people on this forum have a cobb tune. Ecutek only got more features to make it more relevant recently... When I mean settings above I mean clutch capacities and touch points which you may want to ask or readup on if you don't know what those are.

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
There are are other advantages to having an AccessPORT installed on your car, I'll list a few of them below:
  • Ability to read and clear DTCs from numerous modules
  • On the fly map switching. Each map can contain up to 8 different calibrations and you can switch when ever you want
  • Gear vs TP boost multiplier. This table is tunable in the software and can be used to help maintain traction in lower gears while still having higher boost in higher gears
  • Knock flashing. When your car starts to knock and is 1/2 to going into limp mode the boost gauge will flash. While this doesn't make the car more enjoyable to drive it lets you know your headed for limp mode and keep you from having to pull over and clear codes
  • On the MY08-MY10 GT-R you can adjust the touch points and run gear learning to make your drive smother
  • AccessTUNER Race. Not everyone wants or needs a custom tune. With the AccessPORT you have the option to purchase AccessTUNER
Here is a list of things that we are working on
  • Gear learning and touch point adjustment for LC4
  • Adjustable LC RPM. We want to make it part of the switchable mapping
  • Ability to install any TCM as LC4 (this works already, but is waiting for LC4 TP/CC and gear learning to be fully released)

If I think of anything else that makes the GT-R more enjoyable to drive I'll post it.

Joe

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Skullbusa,

If you have any other questions feel free to PM or Email me at Joe @ Cobbtuning.com. Just remove the white space.

Joe
Joe, thank you for your information. I am certainly interested after reading your post and MindlessOath's post. I can't wait to purchase once your engineers have completed their development.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.