Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the dyno graph for Cobb's off the shelf v3.6 map (highest boost setting) vs Jack Cecil's (HP Logic) custom tune map on my car. The results speak for themselves!! (The dotted lines are Cobb's tune and the solid lines are HP Logic's custom tune)

If some of you are wondering if a custom tune for your car will provide better results than an off the shelf map, hopefully this post will help you answer that question......

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
That's it ! I can't take it anymore ! I'm installing my AP and Midpipe tomorrow. Can't wait for a Jack Map

Hitting 10.7 in a Jack tune and Middy car last night has pushed me over the edge

Great Dyno BTW

·
Registered
166 Posts
What were the WHP and WTQ numbers for comparisons.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Nice. Not surprising. I was logging mine last night on the 16 psi variant of the beta maps and my car was seeing AFR(old) down to around 11 flat in the higher rpm range which translates into very low 10s real AFR-wise...I.E pig freakin rich ;) Everything else looked great. Zero knock sums, around 75% DC required. STFTs well within spec at around 3-4% at most. Thinking about grabbing an ATR and fixing all the above

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I was using the Cobb v3.6 highest boost setting map file (93 Octane) to get 485 whp. I will do some data logging to see what the peak and final boost levels are with the HP Logic tune this weekend.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was going to try and get out tonight with the car, but it was raining!! I will get them tommorrow at Bradenton.

I am still working on getting better 60 ft times. I think the car needs tires to keep from spinning at boost in first gear.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Yes, I was using the Cobb v3.6 highest boost setting map file (93 Octane) to get 485 whp. I will do some data logging to see what the peak and final boost levels are with the HP Logic tune this weekend.
Peek boost levels should be around 21psi in 2nd if you start from a stop or floor the car low in the rpm range.

I ran the 3.6 stage 2 17.5psi tune at PBIR and did a 11.0 flat at 125.5mph. I then ran my custom tune and hit 10.8 @ 128.5. Same day same conditions. Stock runflats with LC2 at the time.

I only have an AAM resonated midpipe and a custom tune with stock downpipe, catback and filters.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I'm going to be getting a Jack C tune soon, glad go see everyone is happy with the results.

Not trying to jack your thread, but what do you think I can expect with midpipe, 90mm catback, injectors and 3" intake?

Tom

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I've seen 20.75 MAP psi peak boost in 3rd gear (75mm Y pipe and rear zorst)

My car goes on the dyno this Saturday which I will be data logging for Jack.

John said he couldn't get traction in 1st gear and needed new tires. I cant get a decent 60 either.

I need some new rears

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.