1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Damn this is getting tough.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
I heard Ecutek was purchased last year by a US based company. Thought I saw it on here.

Glad to be grandfathered, gotta rethink the whole sale now.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Think it’s going to come down to the aftermarket - who is going to take the risk at this point.

Sad situation if a bolt on car has to move to Motec.

Reactions: Despawned

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Doesn't matter if you're grandfathered, the new software updates will force the updated things to throw codes I'm sure EcuTek will do something similar as Cobb.
Sorry, by grandfathered I mean I have no reason to need a new tune. As long as I don’t update the AP then try to reflash the car I won’t have a single issue. I’m at the limits of Cobb anyways so won’t need a revision.

Same with Ecutek - as long as I don’t update the program while I flash my inspection tune don’t see how any issues can arise.

As added Safety just keep your laptops off of WiFi/SIM service when you plan on doing anything with the software.

Reactions: Despawned

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Why not just offer 2 tunes: One that complies with all their nanny regulations, and one for off-road use?

Make the end user sign a waiver stating that their vehicle will only be used for off-road applications, and the company washes it's hands of any liability.
I had to sign a waiver for the tune on the NSX.

If it’s emissions only, a GTR on stock all seasons and tune only has run a 10.6 through factory exhaust. Hosed long the factory cats last like that, well who knows.

A 991.2 or 992 tune only will run 9’s through factory cats.

All the FBO GTR guys still can run about the same and can probably add a MP with some sort of dump / blow off setup and still make all the noise they want.

It’s the turbo swap crowd and higher that will need to go to Ecutek now or motec.

The M cars tune only have been running low 10’s through factory exhaust for years.

Man search YouTube for the doom and gloom from the Subie guys - world ended according to them.

Reactions: L.L.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
^ they will migrate you to Ecutek until that’s shut down as well.

Better get it dialed in fast. Hopefully shops can find a work around like keeping a secondary laptop and just not updating it.

Crazy thing is what thus will do for track support or race events.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts