Nissan GT-R Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
^ Thanks .. i can't do Flex tho :(
That's what my tuner just told me!
Flex just needs to be put on the Gateway canbus from the secondary air injection pump so you can turn on DTCs. I ordered the complete Gateway setup and it arrived yesterday. I’m gonna make a post for how to tie into the Gateway for folks that already have a flex and fuel pressure monitor so you don’t have to purchase that stuff twice.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Flex just needs to be put on the Gateway canbus from the secondary air injection pump so you can turn on DTCs. I ordered the complete Gateway setup and it arrived yesterday. I’m gonna make a post for how to tie into the Gateway for folks that already have a flex and fuel pressure monitor so you don’t have to purchase that stuff twice.
Thanks James, I'm on SD setup.
MAF deleted.

Am i still ok with what you said above?!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Thanks James, I'm on SD setup.
MAF deleted.

Am i still ok with what you said above?!
Flex is not SD so those are different discussions. However, per Cobb Speed Density will be gone since you have to turn off a bunch of DTCs.

Certain codes will need to be turned off in order to run Speed Density Tune (CTO!)
  • P0101
  • P0102
  • P0103
  • P010b
  • P0236
  • P0238
  • P0240
  • P0328
  • P0700

Reactions: GTRHOLIC

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I found the cable with connector so I ordered a cheaper low temp version of Cobb's for $20. Once I verify it is the same connector I'm going to order the high temp ones that Cobb uses and integrate my existing Flex and Fuel Pressure kit into the Gateway without using Cobb's parts so I can resell them. If I can get this to work then I'll share the information and you'll want to do a group buy on the cables because you need to buy 20x to get the price down to $32/per as opposed to $74/per when you order 2x.

I thought I saw a post that Cobb's Gateway Fuel Pressure kit used a 150psi sensor and you couldn't use a 100psi sensor, but when I select Gateway as the Fuel Pressure input in AccessTuner, it still let's me scale the sensor to whatever I want. Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I found the cable with connector so I ordered a cheaper low temp version of Cobb's for $20. Once I verify it is the same connector I'm going to order the high temp ones that Cobb uses and integrate my existing Flex and Fuel Pressure kit into the Gateway without using Cobb's parts so I can resell them. If I can get this to work then I'll share the information and you'll want to do a group buy on the cables because you need to buy 20x to get the price down to $32/per as opposed to $74/per when you order 2x.

I thought I saw a post that Cobb's Gateway Fuel Pressure kit used a 150psi sensor and you couldn't use a 100psi sensor, but when I select Gateway as the Fuel Pressure input in AccessTuner, it still let's me scale the sensor to whatever I want. Anyone have experience with this?
You can scale it to whatever you want but the CAN Gateway ignores those values. They are hard coded, I ran into the same problem and ended up having to order a 150PSI sensor.

Font Number Document Screenshot

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
You can scale it to whatever you want but the CAN Gateway ignores those values. They are hard coded, I ran into the same problem and ended up having to order a 150PSI sensor.

View attachment 402852
Thanks and I remembered someone posting this. It should be just a standard pressure sensor with a linear response so I’ll figure out the options.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I verified the connector used by the Gateway so if folks are interested I can build the wiring kits for both the Flex and Fuel Pressure and sell as a pair for around $200. Cobb uses the high temp version of the wire shown below and they are very expensive at $74/per when you purchase two of them. In order to get the price down I need to order 20 cables to get the price to $32/per excluding the connectors for the sensors.

This is for folks that already purchased Flex or Fuel Pressure Monitor and don't want to be forced by Cobb to pay another $550 for Flex and $350 for Fuel Pressure Monitor. Fuel pressure monitor will require that you run a 150psi sensor with a linear response between 0.5psi and 4.5psi, which I have found the version necessary from Honeywell.

Other than just wanting to stick it to their customers, I don't understand why Cobb won't sell the wires separately instead of forcing folks to purchase the complete kit again. I would spend at least $800 to make the 20 connectors so let me know if there is any interest.

Wood Camera accessory Gadget Cameras & optics Flooring

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
They stick it to you because they can. They are probably having to spend a lot to meet the EPA shit, so that gets passed on the the consumer, along with a healthy profit margin I assume.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
They stick it to you because they can. They are probably having to spend a lot to meet the EPA shit, so that gets passed on the the consumer, along with a healthy profit margin I assume.
I was being a bit facetious. When they removed the ability to force readiness from AccessTuner around late 2016, they knew this was coming. Additionally, it is no coincidence the Gateway was released a few years back that allowed for compliant Flex and Fuel Pressure Monitor capabilities. Again, the only reason to do this would be to meet EPA compliance. At the very least if nobody is interested in the cables I will post the information with pinout as a DIY for those that don't want to pay $550 for a new Flex kit or $350 for a new Fuel Pressure Monitor kit.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
240Z, I was not busting on you at all. Your stuff it great and if I needed it I would be interested. I just get pissed when companies do things like cobb is.
I didn’t take offense, no worries.

Reactions: droptopp

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Looks like there is embedded circuitry in the cables that is required to function properly with the Gateway. I can feel a hard piece of something below the heat shrink tube.

·
Super Moderator
9,185 Posts
Looks like there is embedded circuitry in the cables that is required to function properly with the Gateway. I can feel a hard piece of something below the heat shrink tube.
So your cable that you made did not work as planned?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Guys!

If you have 4.0.0+20255.24075 version instaler, you can still use it. I discover it today.
Here is the procedure:

1. Delete the new version.
2. instal the 4.0.0+20255.24075.
3. connect to the internet at the 1st start, if the update request appears press no then the program is closeing.
3. Disconnect from the internet then start the AccessTuner again, then you can use it in offline mode for 6 days.
4. After 6 days or earlier connect to the internet again, then start the accesstuner, then update request appears then press no.
5. Next disconnect from the internet and it will start in offline mode for 6 days again.
6. Repeat it always if you want to use it.

I hope i can help.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Can a nice person send me a copy of the 4.0.0+20255.24075.software Tks .
As has been explained many times, you can't use someone else's install file for your AP. The installer executable is bound to the AP Serial Number they were generated for.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The EPA just got it's wings clipped by the USSC. While this court case pertains to power plant emissions, the the decision has broad reaching consequences, and not just to the EPA.

West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency
Holding: Congress did not grant the Environmental Protection Agency in Section 111(d) of the Clean Air Act the authority to devise emissions caps based on the generation shifting approach the agency took in the Clean Power Plan.
In plainspeak, basically the EPA can't make stuff up as they go and have it carry the weight of law. Only Congress has the ability to do so, and it must be explicitly clear. No more, "Well we're going to pass this law with vague language and you can interpret and enforce it anyway you see fit", any longer.

I am hopeful that this will put a stop to the boondoggle Cobb tuners have had to endure so far. The real question is, will Cobb reverse course on this, or continue on their merry way of making their product less attractive to the tuning community?

And personally, I'm a little disgusted with how Cobb bent the knee and rolled over on this without so much as a whimper.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts