Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since going on E85, I have always wondered if there would be a tuning solution built for our cars to allow them to have true flex fuel capability. When I mean this, I mean in a way that I don't have to completely empty my tank and change maps to run E85 or go back to pump gas when E85 isn't available. I know this will require extra equipment like GM flex fuel sensors but I am all for getting one if this can be accomplished through a stock ecu solution.

My question to the tuners at Cobb: Is there a solution for this in the works?

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Nick!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Got my vote for the Cobb folks if they're looking for the next big feature

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have flex fuel capability on my other car and it is very convenient. I would be in-line if Cobb could pull it off!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I heard someone at Boulder (Jason maybe) is Flex Fuel capable.

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know the standalone systems have this capability all day. I knew about the proefi flex fuel capabilities from my Supra days. I want to know if anyone from Cobb can chime in on this. I know you guys are working on this or some type of kit but what are we looking at time wise before we see a solution for a stock ECU GT-R?

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No system has been adapted for use on the Stock ECU. No other vehicle has done it yet.
It is possible and it can be done, it's just a matter of who would be able to code something like this and figure out all of the necessary parameters needed to accomplish this.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
It is possible and it can be done, it's just a matter of who would be able to code something like this and figure out all of the necessary parameters needed to accomplish this.
It absolutely can be done, just requires time and money for the US Market.

Also is not a simple as adding a sensor, A Stock GT-R does not have a lot of extra inputs like a standalone, Cobb knows how hard it will be.

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is an upgrade I would pay for as it would fufill part of my goals for a street car. The ability to switch from higher to lower octane on the fly without worrying about emptying tanks all the time.

I'm lazy and the average GT-R owner is lazy, help feed into our laziness.

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The address has been issued for standalones. It's just a matter of getting the issue addressed for cars with a stock ecu.

·
Registered
657 Posts
To lazy to hit cancel and up? LOL

·
Registered
878 Posts
+1000

1 - 20 of 21 Posts