Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
Cooler Weather. Cool new features. Most notably, September marks the release of a new Inspection/Maintenance Readiness reader (read-only). New vehicle support has been added. Highly desired Accesstuner improvements have also been delivered. If you've been considering Flex Fuel or COBB Traction Control as part of your GT-R's arsenal, wait no longer! Next level enhancements to these great features are here.

FIRMWARE UPDATES

The GT-R is a versatile platform. It's a quick daily driver that benefits from tons of aftermarket support. It's not uncommon to see 800+ horsepower daily driven GT-Rs. With the new I/M Readiness Reader feature you can easily determine the readiness test status of your vehicle. To do this, simply select "Troubleshooting" from the main menu and then select "I/M Readiness". This will then show the number of DTCs present and any monitors that are "not ready". This feature is available though a firmware update and works whether the Accessport is installed or uninstalled and on ANY vehicle with an OBDII port!

New vehicle support added to the NIS-007 and NIS-008 V3 Accessports include the 2016 USDM Nismo GT-R, the 2015 EDM GT-R, and the 2015 Gulf Spec GT-R. In addition to being supported, these vehicles are also compatible with Accesstuner Race and Accesstuner Pro with enhancedFlex Fuel and COBB Traction Control features.
ACCESSTUNER UPDATES

New Ethanol content Modification tables have been added to the Accesstuner Flex Fuel capabilities. These include:

and can be used to overcome a common issue in Flex Fuel equipped vehicles seen here:

The graph above shows how the Ethanol RAW% (white) value can become erratic. This is due to the mechanics of the sensor where fuel pressure inconsistencies (fuel pump cavitation), typically when cranking or at high load, cause an irregular reading. This can be observed regardless of the sensor location and is common in many Flex Fuel equipped GT-Rs. Instead of ethanol% (yellow) following this reading and reducing fuel, ignition, and boost due to the perceived ethanol content drop, table adjustments have been introduced to force the ECU to use an earlier reading. This reading is captured based on the threshold set by the tuner (shown above where blue intersects red). Once load drops below this threshold, ethanol% then follows ethanol%RAW (shown where the dip in yellow meets white as red falls). This demonstration shows that tuning with these new tables provides an elegant way to counteract sensor jitter and false readings.

Additions to COBB Traction Control have also been made. There is now a background ceiling to the Target Slip User Multiplier table. This is present in both Accesstuner Race and Accesstuner Pro and will prevent any invalid values from being input and keep the feature working as intended.

Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) descriptions have also been added to Accesstuner. The DTC descriptions are shown in the "Advanced Engine Parameters" dialog box. Extended descriptions that include common reasons for failure are shown by placing the mouse over the DTC for certain codes.

These features are available with a simple Accesstuner update.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates on the GT-R platform!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Additions to COBB Traction Control have also been made. There is now a background ceiling to the Target Slip User Multiplier table. This is present in both Accesstuner Race and Accesstuner Pro and will prevent any invalid values from being input and keep the feature working as intended.
Curious what the bug was. Thanks for the updates!

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
Thanks for the info Chris.

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Curious what the bug was. Thanks for the updates!
The user was able to enter a ridiculous number for slip target which would break the math. If it was working fine before, it will continue to work just fine now and nothing will have changed!

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can always get the latest software from this link:

https://cobb.box.com/gtr-atp

The updater has been having a few issues that we are sorting out, but the release software itself is just fine

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Terrific updates. Using the new ethanol tuning tables now...great additions to the platform.

·
Registered
116 Posts
thanks for the link all good now, one question regarding the dtc with (01) ignore or also uncheck for SD?

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uncheck the (01) as well for SD please!

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can I update AP NIS006 V2 with Windows10?
You would need to update the v2 on a windows 7 or earlier before it would be able to communicate with windows 8+

·
Registered
193 Posts
Is there another update on the way for the Vehicles built between dec 2014 to current?
Also wondering if anyone else has had boost gauge flashing problems without actually having detonation issues.

·
Registered
9,701 Posts
Chris, extremely interested in the inspection / maintenance readiness reader, now you just need to release the "delete" function so I'm able to remove codes and get a NYS inspection sticker without having to switch from speed density.

Random question : is it ok to update the AP on my laptop and have my tuner (and tune) on the older version?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Does this mean i can get through NJ inspection now....lol

·
Registered
9,701 Posts

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chris, extremely interested in the inspection / maintenance readiness reader, now you just need to release the "delete" function so I'm able to remove codes and get a NYS inspection sticker without having to switch from speed density.

Random question : is it ok to update the AP on my laptop and have my tuner (and tune) on the older version?
Yes, you can do that, however I always recommend updating both at the same time. The good news is that its extremely easy to update the map. It only needs to be opened and saved again. This will get it to the latest version, but will not change anything in basics of the tune or add any additional features without more being done.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I believe we have been helping you protuner in COBB email system. There is no issue with the software currently which is causing an issue, however there have been some suggested fixes for the issue that you are experiencing.

Yes, you can do that, however I always recommend updating both at the same time. The good news is that its extremely easy to update the map. It only needs to be opened and saved again. This will get it to the latest version, but will not change anything in basics of the tune or add any additional features without more being done.
Worked out the problem
I have a car that was made in 2015. These are different ECU setup. The pro tuner thought they could just throw me a map that was suitable for a 2014 assuming that it would work on a new model. NOT!
I have now purchased from a different pro tuner a map that has actually been developed on an actual MY2015 car and all problems solved.
I was actually getting knock and also wondered why the exhaust sounded shit and I was going through way more fuel than my last 2 GTRs.
Conclusion. Do not let a pro tuner put a pre 2015 map on a car that was made in 2015. Also double check with Cobb if you have an EDM that their stock map is suited to your fuel. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems cobbs stock map for 2015 EDM is only for 93/ 95 fuel and not 98 only as in written in my fuel cap door! Seems that is the only map they have is a stock map for 2015 EDM but be careful if you use it to try and get you car back to stock coz it won't be?

·
Cobb Tuning
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Worked out the problem
I have a car that was made in 2015. These are different ECU setup. The pro tuner thought they could just throw me a map that was suitable for a 2014 assuming that it would work on a new model. NOT!
I have now purchased from a different pro tuner a map that has actually been developed on an actual MY2015 car and all problems solved.
I was actually getting knock and also wondered why the exhaust sounded shit and I was going through way more fuel than my last 2 GTRs.
Conclusion. Do not let a pro tuner put a pre 2015 map on a car that was made in 2015. Also double check with Cobb if you have an EDM that their stock map is suited to your fuel. Correct me if I am wrong but it seems cobbs stock map for 2015 EDM is only for 93/ 95 fuel and not 98 only as in written in my fuel cap door! Seems that is the only map they have is a stock map for 2015 EDM but be careful if you use it to try and get you car back to stock coz it won't be?
Thanks for the update!

It seems this was just a calibration error, and not any error due to the software from what I have seen on the topic. Glad to hear it is resolved. Happy motoring!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts