Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help

I was trying to uninstall my nis-005 today and update to nis-006. In the process of uninstalling- the battery died (someone unplugged my trickle charger in a shared garage) and then I accidentally kicked the cobb connector away. Now when I hook the car up to a trickle charger- the cobb just goes into recovery mode and i see the "c" for cobb after I go into recovery but nothing happens. Please help!

thanks

wraith

·
Registered
1 Posts
A similar situation happend to me when I had my STI. I was uploading the newest firmware and the cable connecting the accessport to the ecu got disconnected. I called around and eventually I had to just replace the ecu. Hopefully you won't have to go thru what happened to me.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took about 2 hours, but issue is fixed. Car is back on the road and the lc4 cobb program is SO MUCH BETTER for daily driving than OEM was.

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
To install as LC4 you have to uninstall from the ECU and the TCM. Then install to both of them again. The work flow is not the best because of the long time required. Will and I are working on a better work flow.

Joe

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you post how it was fixed?
Since the battery was dead. Hooked up to a trickle charger. Went into the cobb "recovery mode" twice and waited 30 minutes each time to no avail. The third time, it actually worked and started flashing. After it flashed, I deinstalled the Cobb. Then I reinstalled the cobb engine tune (took about 30 minutes) then installed the cobb tcm tune (took about 30 minutes)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.