Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

As mentioned for sale located in Dubai 500$

Thx
Steven

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm actually considering buying these, but I was recommended to stay away due to the weather we have here (i.e. dust). I don't usually drive my car on dusty days but I got putt off by the chance of it damaging the engine. Anyone tried this and can comment?

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks for your input. I checked the site but I could not find the GTR as a car they support. Do you use them on your car? If yes would love a part number or direct link. I might go for the Cobb Intakes now

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I dont use them but you should be searching for a filter specific size

PM [email protected] as he has a better idea on which one to choose for the Cobb 2.75 intakes

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
I have had intakes for the past two years on my car, no problems what so ever

Just get the http://www.outerwearsracing.com/ for extra protection
Using the outerwear defeats the point of an intake system in my opinion. The whole point is to let more air flow in, and if you use the outerwear product, you are restricting the air flow again. Our weather is very harsh, especially with the dust, and you dont have to be driving it during a dust storm, it just settles into places, even on clear days.... The dust can actually damage/scratch your turbos (worst case scenario). Also the power gain is not significant enough for you to take a chance on the turbos (in my opinion).

Great product though, just maybe not for Kuwait specifically....

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
Using the outerwear defeats the point of an intake system in my opinion. The whole point is to let more air flow in, and if you use the outerwear product, you are restricting the air flow again. Our weather is very harsh, especially with the dust, and you dont have to be driving it during a dust storm, it just settles into places, even on clear days.... The dust can actually damage/scratch your turbos (worst case scenario). Also the power gain is not significant enough for you to take a chance on the turbos (in my opinion).

Great product though, just maybe not for Kuwait specifically....
You are wrong about Outerwears defeating the purpose of intakes...... Look here at the back to back dyno test I performed on thew GT-R:

http://www.nagtroc.o...aded&pid=643484

Only 1 or 2 hp/tq difference. I've used these prefilters for years on the Sandcars I build with no adverse effects at all. The sandcars are subjected to a much harsher sand/dust mix than you'll ever experience on the roads......even in the ME.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump offers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Will you sell for 1000 AED ? I know its a low price but since its used ( even slightly ) I'm offering 50% of what It would cost me new.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi

will do you a deal 1500.

thx

steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts