Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little help. I am about to buy a preowned cobb version ap-006 with a switzer P-600 tune and was just told the tune is married to the original vin it will not work with any other car(meaning the tune would be nonfunctional to me) even if the cobb itself is unmarried from the original car. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
Looking for a little help. I am about to buy a preowned cobb version ap-006 with a switzer P-600 tune and was just told the tune is married to the original vin it will not work with any other car(meaning the tune would be nonfunctional to me) even if the cobb itself is unmarried from the original car. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks
The tune is married to the AccessPORT not the car. Now the tune it's self may not be suitable for you car.

Joe

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Why would switzer say I couldnt use the tune?
Because it may not be safe for YOUR car.

Each car is slightly different, and this tune was for a 600 package. If you don't have those exact pieces, the tune could hurt your car.

*edit: You can still use the canned tunes that come with the AP, and you could still get e-tunes for your car. But I would not take a tune from somebody else, and put it in my car. You can use the AP, you can use the Stage 1, Stage 2 tunes, but for custom tuning, I recommend getting your own.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
isnt the p600 their canned tune for cars w/air filter replacements and midpipe. I was told they mail you the tune run your car and send them the data they decide if changes need to be done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.