Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
literally searching all over google to give me a description on the location of this sensor. I pulled up to an E85 pump turned off the beast, fueled, tapped and kissed her, got back in the beast and boom P0706 awesome. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
The pressure sensors are located inside the transmission. You have to remove the transmission to get to them. They are in the clutch valve body.

·
Super Moderator
3,956 Posts
Isnt the neutral safety switch different from the pressure sensors? P0706 is saying its the safety switch
Is the car mobile? Have you tried to erase the code with no result? If so, try to re-plate your same ECU map again, and see what happens...

Alexd

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the car mobile? Have you tried to erase the code with no result? If so, try to re-plate your same ECU map again, and see what happens...

Alexd
So earlier that morning I installed new lightning headlights and swapped out the intake filters put bumper on checked some fuses and ran some errands for about an 2 hours, left the car running the whole time. pulled to a pump left it running then got in to leave and wouldnt shift into gear. parking gear was fine all others wouldnt engage when going into gear but car eventually go in to desired gear but wouldnt release and allow vehicle to move. when i got it towed all the local MOPAR owners were getting moist watching my baby being loaded on the flat bed. This morning I got up and went to nissan picked up the sensor and asked for a diagram for the location of the sensor. Ill post pictures of the diagram to help future owners in need. replaced the sensor, put all the plates back in, cleared the codes, took battery out/ put back in and tried to turn the car on now it was saying "shift to park" i placed in neutral and it fired up, this time it moved in all gears and responded just fine except when shifting to park. tomorrow im gonna change the battery cause it seems its not producing proper voltage to submit the signal to the sensor. thats my guess atleast, if it doesnt work I have an appointment to diagnose the problem with NISSAN on friday. I guess im hoping its not any sort of linkage problem where the transmission needs to be dropped because I just upgraded to a shep trans 2.5 in october and been driving it like stole it. No trans issues. everything just seems electrical in my eyes. Just need more suggestions from anyone that i can check on before i take the expensive road and take it to a shop.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan GTR FBO E85
202 Posts
Mine was the clutch seal going, and causing this code intermitently. It could also be the pressure sensor malfunctioning. Shep or the tuner can help you pinpoint the problem with logs. Ultimately it will most likely need a trans out service.

·
Registered
835 Posts
"This morning I got up and went to nissan picked up the sensor and asked for a diagram for the location of the sensor. Ill post pictures of the diagram to help future owners in need. replaced the sensor, put all the plates back in...."

LOL, what plates? Put the dishes away after changing the sensor you picked up from nissan?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts