Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sneak
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain how cold weather effects the trans fluid on startup drivability?

I'm especially curious how it effects the aftermarket fluids. I've noticed that both Dodson and WillAll offer a cold weather formula.

What do they consider "cold weather"? And what's the difference between the two?

·
Sneak
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you've ever watched your trans fluid, it doesn't warm up as quickly as the coolant. So during this period, the fluid seems to act differently.

Also, if the trans didn't know the difference, then why do companies have a normal and a cold weather formula?

·
Sneak
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My issue is this.

When the trans is cold the clutches do not engage properly. It slips when it should be upshifting. It happens in every gear, 1st and 2nd being the worst. Once the trans warms up, it drives like stock. Dodson seems to think it's the fluid and wants me to try a different blend "at my cost".

I wonder if there is something in the Cobb tuning that changes from cold to hot?

I have a Super Stock, stage 1 trans. We've pulled the trans apart and everything appears perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.