Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys -
i plan on getting a 2013 GTR, wondering about peoples feelings on the cold weather package.

I live in South Carolina where it is only cold a few months a year, but this will be my daily driver.

Should i get the cold weather package or just a second set of all weather tires/rims and swap out for winter months?

thanks

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
If the 2013 is the same as the earlier models you get the all season tires with the cold weather package which most people, except the track freaks, swear are bullet proof and are very close in performance with the summer only option. Also if you opted not to you would need to drop the factory fill coolant with antifreeze coolant if you do plan on using the car on colder days. The last thing you would want is frozen coolant. IMHO go with the cold weather package you can't go wrong!

P.S. How do you like your Sti? I just sold my 2011 Sti hatchback so I can pick up a GT-R in the spring as well!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Great question, I wonder what is the lowest temps you can drive a non-cold weather package car?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Great question, I wonder what is the lowest temps you can drive a non-cold weather package car?
I certainly would not chance it any where near freezing especially with windchill!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
loved the sti, sold it to make room in garage.sorry to see it go. very practical but fun.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unless you plan to track the car, go with the All Seasons. They do FAR better in the rain and run a bit quieter. As for snow... 530 HP and the SUPER wide tires does not get great traction - even with the AWD. When there is snow on the ground I take the Sequoia to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts