Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm deciding between swifts and KW sleeves... I had Swifts on my Z and loved the comfort of them (better than oem), however the only gripe was that they weren't low enough.

With the KW sleeves I know i will quench my thirst for the right stance, however if the ride quality is considerably worse than the comfy Swifts I might be swayed to go with the Swifts after all, because here in NYC the roads are just too terrible to pass up any possible comfort that comes my way.

Opinions please

·
Registered
408 Posts
Injusto got swing Springs And I think the ride quality is very good. It's better. People said the car is stiffer but I don't think it's stiffer at all. Co fort mode is good actually feels like comfort. The car feels more in normal mode and race mode. Great bang for the buck

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Injusto got swing Springs And I think the ride quality is very good. It's better. People said the car is stiffer but I don't think it's stiffer at all. Co fort mode is good actually feels like comfort. The car feels more in normal mode and race mode. Great bang for the buck
Yea the swifts definitely are a good option. I am wanting to go KW just for the ability to go lower, however would love to hear from someone who has sat in both a swift dropped car and a KW dropped one whether the difference in ride comfort was significant...

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
So i'm deciding between swifts and KW sleeves... I had Swifts on my Z and loved the comfort of them (better than oem), however the only gripe was that they weren't low enough.

With the KW sleeves I know i will quench my thirst for the right stance, however if the ride quality is considerably worse than the comfy Swifts I might be swayed to go with the Swifts after all, because here in NYC the roads are just too terrible to pass up any possible comfort that comes my way.

Opinions please
Swift makes 2 different springs for the R35. Are you looking at the Sport Springs or the Spec-R?

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Swift makes 2 different springs for the R35. Are you looking at the Sport Springs or the Spec-R?
Lots of forum reading lead me to believe that they are very similar in comfort? Either way if they are not similar, i'm definitely talking about the Sport (I assume that's the more comfort oriented one) when I ask a comparison of Swift vs KW sleeve

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Lots of forum reading lead me to believe that they are very similar in comfort? Either way if they are not similar, i'm definitely talking about the Sport (I assume that's the more comfort oriented one).
The Sport Springs came first, they're designed to be firmer than the OEM springs with a small drop. The Spec-R springs were designed using the 2012 DBA shocks (we actually supplied Swift with the stock dampers off our demo car for the R&D). The Spec-R is quite a bit firmer, and has a pretty aggressive drop.

What year is your GT-R? Whether you have CBA or DBA suspension will have an effect on your decision.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Sport Springs came first, they're designed to be firmer than the OEM springs with a small drop. The Spec-R springs were designed using the 2012 DBA shocks (we actually supplied Swift with the stock dampers off our demo car for the R&D). The Spec-R is quite a bit firmer, and has a pretty aggressive drop.

What year is your GT-R? Whether you have CBA or DBA suspension will have an effect on your decision.
It's a 2015 so I guess thats DBA

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gotcha. Yes, 2015 is DBA.

Since the 2015 suspension is already considerably "softer" than any other model year GT-R, I would personally recommend the Spec-R.
So spec R over KW sleeve kit? I can't find any comparison between the two. The swifts are well reviewed, so is the sleeve kit. But relatively speaking I can't find any information comparing the two

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yea the swifts definitely are a good option. I am wanting to go KW just for the ability to go lower, however would love to hear from someone who has sat in both a swift dropped car and a KW dropped one whether the difference in ride comfort was significant...
Sounds like that's your answear if you want adjustability the kW is your choice. I do would like a little more drop on my car. But it's not bad my car looked like a truck

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like that's your answear if you want adjustability the kW is your choice. I do would like a little more drop on my car. But it's not bad my car looked like a truck
That's the thing - if this adjustability will cost me significantly in terms of comfort, I might just scratch the idea and buy the swifts instead.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
The KW's are good for street comfort, but the spring rates were spec'd around the older CBA suspension, which underwent some considerable changes in 2012. The Spec-R springs were spec'd around the DBA 2012 suspension, and were considerably stiffer than the OEM 2012 suspension, which had firmer dampers than the 2015. Now that Nissan has softened up the suspension configuration for 2014, then again for 2015, I personally think to get better handling, a considerably stiffer spring would help, thus my recommendation for the Spec-R.

As far as ride height, they're pretty low, if that's what you're looking for:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.