Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,229 Posts
its some what better.... its not night and day different by any stretch of the imagination... i will put it to you like this... before i couldnt tell the difference between comfort and normal... on the 12 i can tell when its in comfort on the interstate because the car sort of floats with with the bumps in the cement...

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'll echo MC's comments, it's not a massive difference, but it definitely is more compliant over imperfections in the road surface than the default mode.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
I've installed the 2012 struts in my car and it's a big difference. Before I could not tell if it wasn't in comfort mode.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
lol, I don't know about previous year GT-R's, but it sounds pretty bad!

my M5 with Dinan Stage 2 suspension (Eibach springs instead of Dinan springs) is less harsh in Sport mode than the 2012 in Comfort, lol.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Ill just get this out of the way. Own a 2010, drove a 2012 and a 2013. The only way you can tell theres a difference is if you have been a previous owner. The feel of the butt meter tells me its a slight difference. Yes you can feel the difference it is not as harsh. Im not sure how you would even measure it.

Those that say its night and day difference are smoking rocks. Let me put it this way, you will never get in the car, throw it in comfort mode and say "wow that is so comfortable." lol Its not a maybach. comfort mode is still by no means ultra comfy

Note to readers. I keep mine in R mode at all times

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ill just get this out of the way. Own a 2010, drove a 2012 and a 2013. The only way you can tell theres a difference is if you have been a previous owner. The feel of the butt meter tells me its a slight difference. Yes you can feel the difference it is not as harsh. Im not sure how you would even measure it.

Those that say its night and day difference are smoking rocks. Let me put it this way, you will never get in the car, throw it in comfort mode and say "wow that is so comfortable." lol Its not a maybach. comfort mode is still by no means ultra comfy

Note to readers. I keep mine in R mode at all times
Always in R mode? Hope there are no bumps/potholes where you drive.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Always in R mode? Hope there are no bumps/potholes where you drive.
Area I live in, the city has a lot of money from tax payers. All tax payers dollars come in + taxes from 8 resorts. They have no schools in the entire city so almost. They spend all the money on road maintenance and police. Ridiculous amounts of lavish curb side landscaping. Roads are great

Freeway is comfort all the way, and by no means is it "comfy"

·
Registered
188 Posts
where in CA is that optherion?

·
Registered
601 Posts
mmm that'd be nice. Anyone know if you can install the 2012 suspension components on a 2009 and have similar results?
Get your self the Pilot Super Sport tires. My 2010 rides better right now on R mode with the new PSS tires than Comfort mode with the Bridgestones.... and I mean noticeably better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts