Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have moisture beads in my right front headlamp assembly. Any suggestions other then replacing the entire unit. I assume it is a warranty issue anyway thoughts?

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's warranty. Take a photo, it may be clear when you take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea, I have my 1 year POS coming up and i mentioned to them about getting a headlamp assembly in stock in case they needed to switch it out but if i show up and it is dry its going to be a waste of time and only cause me to have to bring it back again.
Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
Had this issue and they changed it out. Was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's amazing how many cars have had this problem. After as many cars as I've had, my GTR was the first to experience this a couple weeks ago. Strangely enough, mine cleared up one night after looking like a rain forest for almost a week and when I was about to schedule an appointment. I think mine was caused by a combination of humidity and rain but a couple days of low humidity and sun helped solve the problem. Now the question is whether it will return. Are there any ways to prevent a recurrence?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is about 85 degrees on Long Island NY today. About 95% of the condensation is gone. I believe it most likely will come back after i wash it or it rains so i will be taking photos to show the service dept. I dont want a headlamp assembly that isnt 100% water tight. I would hate to have the problem in the winter when the condensation might freeze. I will post photos to show before and after.. Thanks for all the responses. Also see my post on Super Silver matching repair. Just had My 2010 SS have a small repair,Most said that the Super Silver couldnt be matched,My Repair came out excellent.Let me know if someone needs a silver repair and doesnt know who to go to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is about 85 degrees on Long Island NY today. About 95% of the condensation is gone. I believe it most likely will come back after i wash it or it rains so i will be taking photos to show the service dept. I dont want a headlamp assembly that isnt 100% water tight. I would hate to have the problem in the winter when the condensation might freeze. I will post photos to show before and after.. Thanks for all the responses. Also see my post on Super Silver matching repair. Just had My 2010 SS have a small repair,Most said that the Super Silver couldnt be matched,My Repair came out excellent.Let me know if someone needs a silver repair and doesnt know who to go to.
Hi Snick. I have a little stone chip on my rear fender. Was going to have it removed this weekend until I read your post. What did you do?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you look at my post, Minor Super Silver Repair? It has photos etc, Check that out first and then i will be happy to discuss it with you. The post is on the R35 Discussion page

·
Registered
397 Posts
usually after the condensation dries up, it leaves a dry film on the inside of the headlight. You can show the dealer proof that this is happening.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i got mine replaced under warranty no hassle.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The dealer asked me to drive the car by to inspect the capsule to be sure it was not hit by a rock or anything.They checked it out and are going to replace it as warranty repair.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
seems to be a common problem....I had mine replaced as well....

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have read a post that stated the front bumper has to be removed to change out the headlight capsule. Is that correct?? That worries me a little. Does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the same problem, condensation in both headlights.... ran down front of lenses inside.
I pulled city lights and left high beams on for 30 minutes.
Water gone, streaks still there.

I wonder if we get these replaced.... will the problem repeat itself?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I have the same problem, condensation in both headlights.... ran down front of lenses inside.
I pulled city lights and left high beams on for 30 minutes.
Water gone, streaks still there.

I wonder if we get these replaced.... will the problem repeat itself?
If it happens again leave the water and bring it to the dealer....not sure if they'll replace them now but worth a shot....

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Glad to see this thread. I just noticed condensation in my driver's side headlamp assembly the other day.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It probably is the same seal that failed on mine but the dealer will want to inspect it to be sure that there is no damage from rock chips or cracks etc.If it is the seal it is covered by Nissan

1 - 20 of 47 Posts