Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run catless DPs, non resonated mid and stock rear and absolutely love the sound it makes, but not the smell... dont have e85 available where i live so i am trying to figure out the cheapest way to add a cat to my system without loosing a lot of sound. i am thinking about adding two 100 cell cats on the midpipe, or 1 3,5" 100 cell cat after the merge on the midpipe. Does anyone know what setup will be best in terms of sound, but still remove the horrible fumes it makes on pump gas? or will the best solution be a normal 200 cell midpipe?

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have catless downpipes and added cats to the mid pipe. Custom made by 240ztwinturbo from this forum. I'd have to ask him which cats he used. I run 93 only and don't get any gas smell. I have HKS Legamax rear section.

·
Registered
902 Posts
It definitely got "throatier" and a bit louder when I switched from the OEM downpipes and AMS non catted mid to catless downpipes and custom midpipe. There are two cats before the merge. There is a pic on here somewhere.....

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Greg's midpipe used a 3.5" resonator and 3" Xforce cats, which from memory were 200cpi.

Revolver Art Human leg Machine Metal

Tool Gas Audio equipment Fashion accessory Metal

My midpipe use two 3" resonators and an Xforce 3.5" 100cpi cat after the 4" dump.

Bicycle part Font Glass Metal Wind instrument

Gas Metal Auto part Pipe Titanium

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
looks awesome! How much louder is 100 cell vs 200 cell cats? and do the 100 cell manage to remove most of the fumes like a 200 cell setup does?
don't know about the noise difference between 100 and 200, but would assume 100 is slightly louder. The 100cell does a decent job with the fumes, but it's definitely not up to OEM levels of clean exhaust. I do like that it helps with drone and my car is pretty quite on the highway between the cat and resonators, but LAF when that valve opens.

I can turn off the valve with a switch using a MAC Valve, but when the switch is on it runs through a Hobbs switch and doesn't allow the MAC Valve to energize until ~12psi. Sometimes I forget I have the switch on and it will startle the crap out of me when that valve opens.:oops:

Reactions: Wicked
1 - 12 of 12 Posts