Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They ever follow you / pull you over to basically just look at the car?

Had two strange things happen in the last week.

one... on an interstate just minding my own business driving the speed limit and FROM the other side of the divided interstate the cop does a turn around on me and comes to pull me over....

thinking to myself... how or why.... he stated he thought he notice I did not have a front licence plate. Well being a new car... I didn't but then he started asking me questions about the car.. power / speed / all of that and just let me go..

now today... had two (in the same car) come up behind me... this time ... I had just entered an on ramp hard, but slowed down before I got to the interstate. Here I was a little more nervous. Well they clocked me... i was going like 65mph (the speed limit) -- and they passed a semi... got behind me clearly on purpose... so thinking getting pulled over. I got off at my normal exit - so did they. I see them talking and laughing like little girls. Then they turn with me... and do a U turn and go back onto the interstate.

so.. no idea. Just curious if it happens.. and this is normal... or If i have just run into some strange deals. Sports cars for 10 years and never had this crap happen. I am either in trouble... or im not lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
That happens a lot..when my sister was driving 08 M6, a Cop pulled her over for not having front license plate, but keep asking about the car. "How big is the engine, how do you put in Parking, how much was the car, etc"...and the cop just told her to put license plate by saying without any physical papers..

·
Registered
955 Posts
lol usually when i see cops trying to come up behind me i take of the situation by leaving.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Where I live there are a lot of exotics and higher end cars. If anything, I just get a friendly wave or a nod of approval from the LEO's around here. But I also don't drive like a complete ass either.

I think it all depends on where you live, how populated the area is, and what the crime rates are. Being a highly populated, affluent west suburb of Chicago; the police here just seem to watch over our property and target the clientele that doesn't belong in the area. So far, so good

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
My bet is that enforcement is up all over and if they pull you over they might see reason to ask more questions.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,839 Posts
I got pulled over by a State Trooper for not having front plates. I had a passenger with me, and he went over the passenger side. Looked at us smiling and asked "How fast did you go with this beast?" I responded joking "Legally...?" and he laughed. Then he asked if we had "weed and dead hookers in the trunk". He asked why I didn't have front plates and I told him that I had just ordered the Stillen plate frame yesterday. He asked my passenger (also has no front plates on his S4) "what about you...you got front plate...haha im joking you don't have to answer that". He went back to his car. I quickly took my phone out and ordered the Stillen plate frame. When he got back, I showed him the order. He then asked again if we had hookers and weed lol and that everyone has tried smoking before. Was a cool trooper, only got away with a warning.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
When I first got my car a police car pulled out of his spot on the side of the road and followed me through a small town that was on my way home only to pull a U-turn halfway down the main road. It was obvious after he did that that he was just checking out the GT-R.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
I got pulled over by a State Trooper for not having front plates. I had a passenger with me, and he went over the passenger side. Looked at us smiling and asked "How fast did you go with this beast?" I responded joking "Legally...?" and he laughed. Then he asked if we had "weed and dead hookers in the trunk". He asked why I didn't have front plates and I told him that I had just ordered the Stillen plate frame yesterday. He asked my passenger (also has no front plates on his S4) "what about you...you got front plate...haha im joking you don't have to answer that". He went back to his car. I quickly took my phone out and ordered the Stillen plate frame. When he got back, I showed him the order. He then asked again if we had hookers and weed lol and that everyone has tried smoking before. Was a cool trooper, only got away with a warning.
Lmao @ weed and dead hookers. Next time just tell him there's no room in the trunk due to the shovel and bags of lime back there.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Good thing about texas they cannot pull you over for only no front license plate
They have to get you for something else as well to make the initial stop.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Good thing about texas they cannot pull you over for only no front license plate
man i wish that was the rule over here.... GET STOPPED WAY TOO MANY TIMES by this one cop...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Only thing I like about pa, no front plates. But here cops can pull you over tint which I have 18%. Not to dark but enough for cops to just stop you

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I was pulled over by a state trooper right next to the highway patrol station off the highway for no front plate. He comes over, young guy, saying how he loves the car and he is looking inside etc etc. I offer to pop the hood and he was like a giddy school girl lol. He goes can I sit in it? My response only if you dont give me a ticket, he laughed and we chatted for a few minutes and I was on my way, didnt even look at my license or anything.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was pulled over by a state trooper right next to the highway patrol station off the highway for no front plate. He comes over, young guy, saying how he loves the car and he is looking inside etc etc. I offer to pop the hood and he was like a giddy school girl lol. He goes can I sit in it? My response only if you dont give me a ticket, he laughed and we chatted for a few minutes and I was on my way, didnt even look at my license or anything.
Nice. Waiting for the opportunity and taking advantage

·
Registered
823 Posts
I've been followed a few times and actually had a cop taking pictures of my car while driving on the freeway... I'm a little more nervous now about being followed because my car is catless. California requires a front plate...but I haven't had a front plate on any of my cars in 20 years.

·
stemal
251 Posts
man i wish that was the rule over here.... GET STOPPED WAY TOO MANY TIMES by this one cop...
Same here, some of them can be real ass holes, it seems there is at least one of those in every city

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Same here, some of them can be real ass holes, it seems there is at least one of those in every city
Man this guy has a spotted page... He gives tickets for loud exhaust, tints etc etc. Even cops hate him and think he's a clown. What a waste of our taxes!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
98 Posts
Funny I'm reading this thread today after being pulled over and cited for turning right at an intersection that right turns on red are prohibited. I was unlucky enough to miss the actual exit of my destination leading me to have to take the exit where I ended up (somewhat unfamiliar location) and just at the right instance got tracked down by a sheriff on motorcycle. I politely asked if he would forego the ticket explaining the reason was being somewhat lost. He coldly stated "unfortunately I'm going to write you a ticket.." Needless to say I was pissed... Wonder how much less crime there would be locally if these guys put in more time and effort fighting them rather than citing people like me. That said, if he finds out he's got acute myeloid leukemia next week... I'd just smile for that.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Funny I'm reading this thread today after being pulled over and cited for turning right at an intersection that right turns on red are prohibited. I was unlucky enough to miss the actual exit of my destination leading me to have to take the exit where I ended up (somewhat unfamiliar location) and just at the right instance got tracked down by a sheriff on motorcycle. I politely asked if he would forego the ticket explaining the reason was being somewhat lost. He coldly stated "unfortunately I'm going to write you a ticket.." Needless to say I was pissed... Wonder how much less crime there would be locally if these guys put in more time and effort fighting them rather than citing people like me. That said, if he finds out he's got acute myeloid leukemia next week... I'd just smile for that.
Wow that is sad...

as your statement... I see "both sides" of it really... the money generated does go somewhere (supposedly helping the community but who knows) -- so... i see that could be good. Also... lots of cops would make bad "crime solving / dealing" cops so ... I see that the bad ones or not so brave ones need something to do ... so they keep all of us good people in check.

On your side of it... yes... I think it is stupid to get nailed for every little traffic violation and resources could be used better I would assume. I mean seriously... if I drove the speed limit around here... I would get killed by soccer mom's while they were on the phone and doing their make up because they would be driving so fast by me.

Also... I think of this often... what is more dangerous... me driving 40 mph in a residential ... watching for every hazard that might hurt my car or another person... in a super car... or some guy or gal... or old person... or whatever... driving their broken down van... that has no stopping power at 30mph ... while barely capable ... let alone paying attention... what is safer... ME EVERYTIME! IDK... THAT is frustrating to me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wow that is sad...

as your statement... I see "both sides" of it really... the money generated does go somewhere (supposedly helping the community but who knows) -- so... i see that could be good. Also... lots of cops would make bad "crime solving / dealing" cops so ... I see that the bad ones or not so brave ones need something to do ... so they keep all of us good people in check.

On your side of it... yes... I think it is stupid to get nailed for every little traffic violation and resources could be used better I would assume. I mean seriously... if I drove the speed limit around here... I would get killed by soccer mom's while they were on the phone and doing their make up because they would be driving so fast by me.

Also... I think of this often... what is more dangerous... me driving 40 mph in a residential ... watching for every hazard that might hurt my car or another person... in a super car... or some guy or gal... or old person... or whatever... driving their broken down van... that has no stopping power at 30mph ... while barely capable ... let alone paying attention... what is safer... ME EVERYTIME! IDK... THAT is frustrating to me.
If you are just a normal everyday citizen, you will hardly ever come into contact with cops that are actually dealing with real crime. Cops that are assigned to traffic enforcement either were assigned there or love it and volunteered for it. Trust me.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts