Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost my spare. If I buy one on line how much to reprogram at dealer. Also if I buy a blank key anyone have any experience with a locksmith recutting or is that the dealer also?

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
I actually got a quote to get another key...I still have a both keys. I just wanted to get a spare for my office along with one left at my home. Well, I just walked in and asked how much to replace the whole key (it comes in two pieces from what he said)was approximately $260-$270 with tax. They were charging $49.95 for reprogramming it for my GTR.

I am sure you can get the actual key portion cheaper from Boulder Nissan (ask for Eric)and just get it reprogrammed local to you.

Jon

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was it the $270 to replace + the 50 reprogram re: 320 or does the 270 include the reprogram charge?

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
I just bought a 2011 GTR that came with only one key/fob. I contacted my local GTR Nissan dealer's parts department. This is what they told me.

Ken Ganley Nissan - Medina Ohio
Key/Fob cost $470 + tax + $75 programming.
Key/Fob must be cut by factory in Japan due to unique nature of key.
Arrival 2-3 weeks.

Does anyone know if this is reasonable? Is this key/fob used by any other Nissan/Infinity?

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
I just bought a 2011 GTR that came with only one key/fob. I contacted my local GTR Nissan dealer's parts department. This is what they told me.

Ken Ganley Nissan - Medina Ohio
Key/Fob cost $470 + tax + $75 programming.
Key/Fob must be cut by factory in Japan due to unique nature of key.
Arrival 2-3 weeks.

Does anyone know if this is reasonable? Is this key/fob used by any other Nissan/Infinity?
That sounds like your getting bent over a little...

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
That's what I was thinking. I've been scouting the internet and ebay.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like you can get the fob for $75 and a blank key for $15 to fit in the space, reprogram FOB 45, looks like around 135 and that is without a key. Let me know if anyone finds a better deal.

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
MSRP on the key is $437.21 for car production date of 03/08-12/09
MSRP on the key is $88.50 for cars production date of 12/09 and up
MSRP on the fob is $106.38.
The key does need to be ordered from Japan and will take about 2-3 weeks.
Eric...didn't realize the difference in price between years. I gather my local Nissan dealer wasn't screwing me based on the numbers he gave me and what you are posting.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Eric...didn't realize the difference in price between years. I gather my local Nissan dealer wasn't screwing me based on the numbers he gave me and what you are posting.
Not sure why there is a difference in price. Nissan did this with a few other items, one year is a resonable price and antoher year is about 3 time the amount. I also think the average price on the program is $45-65 depending on the dealer.

·
GoldMember
1,086 Posts
Thanks Eric. I think I saw your car at Switzer's a few weeks ago. Nice!

·
R35
89 Posts
I know this is an old topic and I was searching about my gtr came with one key...
I got a 2015 gtr like 3 weeks ago and came with one key fob.. I asked the dealer and said:
It must come from Japan and its $900... This is at the NIssan park at chantilly in Virginia .
I said, no thank you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.