Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey yall,

If you guys dont know, the GTR tax is very real. I got quotes from wrap shops with an average $5,000 quote. I thought this was absurd. So a couple of my buddies, located out of state, are freelance vinyl wrappers and we knocked out my GTR within 48 hours. I was really nervous about the color but after MANY samples sent to my house, I landed on this color because I was going for that sort of vintage-esq race car look.

Going into it we have a really good workflow. Since I didn't have any vinyl wrapping experience, I was responsible for helping taking off panels and prepping the surfaces (wash, clay & isopropyl) of panels in preparation of laying the vinyl.

Check it out and let me know what you guys think. Personally, I absolutely love this color and really happy how well it turned out especially with the color of the TE37 bronze wheels.

Appreciate anyone who subscribes, recently started focusing on a youtube page. Its a two-part video series, so constructive criticism is always welcome :)

Cheers,

Day 1:

Day 2:

62395410_2326203991034211_41497568998535

·
Registered
48 Posts
did you pull the bumpers off?
Yup both front and rear. Be very careful when pulling the front bumper off since there are metal tabs that can scratch the hell out of your fenders.

Check out the Day 2 video where we pull the car out in the sun and you can see the rear exposed. Looks pretty insane haha.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good, was hoping to see more of the actual install, (skipped most of the video because of it)
Appreciate that feedback. After making the video, I realized thats what I wanted more of as well. Now since I was involved with the install rather than just watching them do it I need to prepare and bring a tripod with me and even incorporate more timelapse and voice over that. I think that will keep people more engaged.

Really appreciate that feedback brotha. Will def. take your feedback into account for my future videos.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like the white a lot better than the black. Looks very nice.

What have you done to your car performance wise?
Cobb v3 with TCM - Custom tune by Forged Performance
Rebuilt Transmission with all Dodson components, 1st gear upgrade, 1-6 Clutch Baskets, Seals, Oil Pump upgrade
AMS catless downpipes
AMS Street Intercooler
GTC 102MM Full Titanium Exhaust w/Y Pipe
Xona Green Turbos w/Tial Wastegates
HKS Transmission cooler
ID1000 Injectors
Deatschwerks Oversized fuel pumps
Mishimoto radiator
HKS Cold Air Intake
Rexspeed brake ducts

Tuned to approximately 630whp/650tq on 93

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.