Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I keep getting a crackling sound through the speakers when I hook my iPod up using the USB port in the center console. I tried connecting it a few times and adjusted the volume but it makes a crackling sound at random times on every track.

The sound can not be heard though when I connect it using the iPod Bluetooth connection. I would just use the bluetooth but it's much easier to use the cars interface to navigate through the songs.

Anyone else have this?

Tom

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, not just you. I'm going to try and update my iPod and see if that helps, a google search turned up tons of problems like this with other cars.

Its a pita because I can't charge it and listen to the music through bluetooth as its connected to the car.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Same here.
PITA!
Want phone charging function too!
Keep us updated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Was at Nissan Manhattan yesterday for something else and asked the tech about it, he said "It must be the electronic" as in it was my iPhones fault. I didn't even push the issue, wasn't worth the headache. I didn't get the car for the entertainment system and satellite radio gets me by.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Was at Nissan Manhattan yesterday for something else and asked the tech about it, he said "It must be the electronic" as in it was my iPhones fault. I didn't even push the issue, wasn't worth the headache. I didn't get the car for the entertainment system and satellite radio gets me by.
You all have just made a lot of 2009-2010 owners very happy! Its good to know that the "old technology" works just fine when compared with the new.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Typical dealer answer, I'm going to upgrade my iPod and see if that helps before I take the car in for service.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Typical dealer answer, I'm going to upgrade my iPod and see if that helps before I take the car in for service.
My iPhone works through every other speaker system I've ever used. It's definitely your car, not the iPod. I'm in NYC though, so if you actually get something fixed or replaced then make sure you post up which dealer as I'd likely be willing to drive out and visit the same place..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same problem here, iPod Nano and iPhone 4 the same clicking noise while listening...

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
have you tried playing with the adapter cord? sometimes it needs a nice wiggle or a tighter adjustment. im sure a new cord would solve the problem. my ipod used to make a crackling sound too and the audio would sometimes even cut in and out. dealer changed out the cord and havent had any problems since.

·
Registered
468 Posts
have you tried playing with the adapter cord? sometimes it needs a nice wiggle or a tighter adjustment. im sure a new cord would solve the problem. my ipod used to make a crackling sound too and the audio would sometimes even cut in and out. dealer changed out the cord and havent had any problems since.
It's not the cord.
What year is your GTR?

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Is the volume up too high on the ipod, itself? Tell the dealer to fix it under warranty -- you paid good money for the car and they should make sure that it is working properly.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sounds like a grounding issue? I remember in another car I used an iPod dock that used the vehicle's aux input and it was doing the same thing. The fix from the manufacturer ended up being one of those ferrite/magnet deals that goes around a part of the cable to reduce interference (or some other electrical reason). I'm searching for an illustration.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Could be.... mine sounds staticky.
Like someone is wiggling a loosely fitted cord.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had a the same sound , but i had a blown speaker .. Couldn't really catch it with the radio though , only ipod . Passenger door lower side .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts