Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't really find a place to dump a review for people that are going to cross shop the GT-R and M3 so I figured this was a safe bet. (I tried to bring over all the formating that I had but it turned out to be a little bit of a pain to import here so I just left it on my site).

I've cross posted this on M3Post and seem to have gotten positive results (surprising because they typically hate GT-R threads). My buddy is going to drop in here at some point and give his take on it - he has been borrowing my 2010 GT-R as a daily for the past 2ish weeks since his friend popped the motor in his corvette.

http://randominternetthings.blogspot.com/2012/03/cross-shopping-e92-m3-and-r35-gt-r.html

Comments and feedback highly encouraged!!!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
They dont have their M3's anymore.

I had 2 M3's and a 335i. Never came close to the thrill and performance the GT-R has. The M3 is a great daily driver comfort cruiser. It does many things very good, but there is nothing it does exceptionally well. The GT-R is a car that in almost every performance category delivers with any modern day super car.

/end Thread

·
Registered
331 Posts
My friend just ordered a brand new M3 and paid $60k out the door. The best deal he could get for a GTR was more than 50% more. Seems a sort of ridiculous and unfair comparo, sorry.

Why not compare the GTR to a new 997 Turbo S?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mind you, I'm not comparing a base M3 (these can be had for mid 50's) nor a brand new GT-R. The review was against a fully loaded M3 against a 2010 GT-R. When I bought my M3, between all the options I was in the 70-73k when I was all said and done which is on the side of a mint, used GT-R - I just paid 73k for mine, hardly an unfair comparison as pricing is concerned. The 911 turbo S MSRP is $160k, well above that of even a 2013 black edition and this was an actual owner review - I don't have a turbo s so I'm not going to review it. The reason for the review was more along the lines of "hey I came from the dark side to the GT-R and here are my feelings about it." I'm trying to be realistic here, not some pipe dream out of a magizine.

Car reviews you get in magizines are people driving the things around for a day and then giving the keys back. I drove the M3 for a full year and now 6 months in the GT-R. There are a number of previous M3 owners on here and a number that are looking at used GT-R's so which makes this sort of the ideal review for that crowd. It's not geared towards people who have never driven either car or "thinking about buying one in a few years when it costs $15,000" which seem to be an overwhelming majority on this forum.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
My friend just ordered a brand new M3 and paid $60k out the door. The best deal he could get for a GTR was more than 50% more. Seems a sort of ridiculous and unfair comparo, sorry.

Why not compare the GTR to a new 997 Turbo S?
He must have picked up cloth interior, 6 speed and no options 4 door. That is pretty much unheard of. Not sure Id even want a car that stripped.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Couldn't agree more!! /\/\ Optherion is right, 60k for a fully loaded M3, no way! Btw my friend bought a 2010 M3 at the same time as I bought my gtr, we drove each others cars and they both display their strenghts in different ways. One of the big ones for bmw is-you can actually have 2 full grown adults sitting on the back seats, gtr-a couple of kids lol.
Performance wise-no comparo period. If gtr wasnt available for sale then yes I personally would have bought M3 in a heartbeat!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.