Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm a new member here. Just traded in my '13 cts-v 6spd coupe for a '14 GT-R BE today..

When i first took it out on a test drive, I have to admit that i wasn't really all that impressed.. I expected it to be much more aggressive than the cts-v. Then the turbos kicked in and damn. that thing is a monster. During my 150+ mile drive home, i learned why it earned the name godzilla.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Beauty. Congrats

·
Registered
506 Posts
I had considered the new CTS-V before buying my 15' BE and I'm glad I didn't. You're right, there is a reason they call it Godzilla. Congrats and enjoy!

Sent from my VS986 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Throw some bolt ons and you will be even further amazed

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Hello All,

I'm a new member here. Just traded in my '13 cts-v 6spd coupe for a '14 GT-R BE today..

When i first took it out on a test drive, I have to admit that i wasn't really all that impressed.. I expected it to be much more aggressive than the cts-v. Then the turbos kicked in and damn. that thing is a monster. During my 150+ mile drive home, i learned why it earned the name godzilla.

View attachment 154058
Awesome. I just bought a 2012 CTS-V coupe for the wife. Bone stock down to the airfilters, I went 12.30 @ 115 on my first ever attempt to launch it.

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Nice pickup! CTS-V into a GT-R is a huge jump in performance.

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
Congrats, nice upgrade! I believe there are quite a few others who have made the same move in the past years!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Yeah the benefits are to the oil companies as you will average 8-12 mpg. lol (I loved my v sedan)

I cane from a v coupe also.... v has ito benefits also

Sent from my SM-G920T using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Came from a modded '12 Ctsv to a 15' gtr. I do miss the torque off of idle, but I don't miss the gas station visits. They are nice cars for what they do

·
Registered
98 Posts
I came from a 2012 ctsv. Had headers, full exhaust, 2.5 pulley, intake, ported snout, cooling mods. Car made 630whp on e85. Was a 133 trap car 6 speed manual. I do miss the whole car shaking when ur sitting at a light lol!

I am now in a 2013 fbo e85 gtr and would never look back! Although the gas mileage is now the same almost, its just the fun factor with the gtr that has me sold. Spinning up to 80mph is in no way shape or form fun when ur looking to win races :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts