Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Here's a shot of the fenders, as you can see its taped up, and the design is drawn on the tape to get an idea, the vents wont look exactly the same as pictured, it will be proper vents and not just a cutout...

There will be 2 versions, with and without upper vents. The side vents will be bigger as well and it will concave in more to give an illusion of a bigger heat extractor vents. The fenders will be 20 to 25mm wider and might have shark fins to attach to the bumper.

Work will begin next week at SMS Design & Performance until we are sure of the design and how it functions. I'll keep you guys posted...

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Looks good! I noticed the front bumper lines up with it as well, instead of those add-on pieces. Is there a bumper in the works to match up with the fenders?

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Can't wait for these to come out Q

Sign me up immediately

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
i can't really see them that well on my phone. i like the vent idea. the fins have a plus side and a downside... hope whatever you guys do it turns out great.

·
Aм labelled as a trouble мAкE&#1
1,522 Posts
Saw these in person with Salah (SMS owner) .. he explained to me his plans on the body work etc.. sounds promising

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saw these in person with Salah (SMS owner) .. he explained to me his plans on the body work etc.. sounds promising
He knows what he's doing, everything he touches turns out great. Cant wait...

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
well depends how you clip them on. I've heard issues with the pwjdm fitting them on, maybe its just annoying.
I've seen the one at tas last year and they bolted there's on for the 2012... looked solid too even with the bolts shown. think the carbon was dimpled in on those areas... ill see if i can find a pic later.
http://aclassblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/vertex_r35_011.jpg

i don't think it looks as good with the fins attached... but probably depends on how wide the fenders are and the design of the fins. will they be molded to the canards of the bumper or not? what looks good?

either way the tire is exposed in the front unless you do widebody bumper.

i think maybe the fins help cover them little higher atop - im sure you can experiment as i don't have any of those resources.

the turn light also may be an issue in deciding what to go with.

aero could be affected by the fins depending on fin design... whole other aspect to take into consideration. tire not exposed but how does air flow affected by it? or is it minimal making it a non argument? possibly going to have to take a hit if you want wider? in the designs out currently the tire does show in the front cause the bumper is not widebody.

maybe im just being the devils advocate?
like i said whatever you guys do it will look good

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well depends how you clip them on. I've heard issues with the pwjdm fitting them on, maybe its just annoying.
I've seen the one at tas last year and they bolted there's on for the 2012... looked solid too even with the bolts shown. think the carbon was dimpled in on those areas... ill see if i can find a pic later.
http://aclassblog.fi...tex_r35_011.jpg

The Vertex fenders are nice but the fins are too much for me. We will be trying couple of ways to make it work, which looks best and how will it function.

i don't think it looks as good with the fins attached... but probably depends on how wide the fenders are and the design of the fins. will they be molded to the canards of the bumper or not? what looks good?

either way the tire is exposed in the front unless you do widebody bumper.

i think maybe the fins help cover them little higher atop - im sure you can experiment as i don't have any of those resources.

I like the looks of the tire a bit exposed when looking straight at the car and thats the way they'll probably make the fenders, but regarding the fins, still in the works...We'll see how it goes..

the turn light also may be an issue in deciding what to go with.

The corner lights are deleted ( look at the pic again ), and the bumper you see will be customized as well, i know you and some will like it, its something you guys have been asking for ages and it will be done. They'll have a version for the corner lights as well.

aero could be affected by the fins depending on fin design... whole other aspect to take into consideration. tire not exposed but how does air flow affected by it? or is it minimal making it a non argument? possibly going to have to take a hit if you want wider? in the designs out currently the tire does show in the front cause the bumper is not widebody.

maybe im just being the devils advocate?
like i said whatever you guys do it will look good

They can direct the air coming in then going out of the side vents, that might give more downforce. I'll leave this to SMS to answer, im sure they'll chime in soon.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
So far it sounds nice

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Thanks Aristo, appreciated.

Im glad that so far there is good feedback. If any of you has a suggestion or a question, please do comment.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
here is an idea you can play with... the font side lip fin... you can take that idea and run with it big time if you need too. and a pic of how top secret did there's but they molded it into one bumper and one fender rather than fender and fin and bumper. http://ameblo.jp/topsecret2001/entry-11247408221.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers MO, ill pass this to the guys

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just got conformation that there will 2 versions of the fenders and the bumper. Also there will be shark fins for those who want to still use their current bumpers and the wide fenders. Both stock dimensions and wide fenders will have a different side vent design but keep in mind that the side vents on the wider fender will be slightly bigger. Remember you will need spacers or run a wide wheel upfront.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts