Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
$800 for valve guides?
Yes, $798.00 for the best guides possible. If you think we are making a huge profit on these then think again. These are very expensive to manufacture and our margins are slim on this product.
People that frequent the forum know we are all about giving the customer the highest possible quality/performance at a reasonable price. If you want the very best look no further.

We will give vendors special pricing on them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
what makes this valve guide more advantageous for a GTR owner then a manganese bronze or copper bronze that is already commercially available for a lot less? ($168 retail)

And what I mean is, the Molstar is a harder material(and certainly 1 of the best, there is comparable materials), but in this application how is it a advantage? As in why did you choose it with a bucket style cam follower?

pretty cool ya'll made 2 lengths for the ported heads!

And, Dave..I know how much it costs to make guides. I have made them myself, and have had them made. I even talked to Molstar about making Honda guides while at PRI. I know the mark up.. nothing wrong with making money. Even though I remember Nick casting stones at another shop for doing so.

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
If the Moldstar guides were not something special then why were you trying to get Scott to make you some GTR guides?

·
Registered
80 Posts
You were not there sir. We asked months ago about making seats, and ended up going elsewhere. Scott stopped me and asked how we could do business together since we did not go with him. That is how the convo started. I did question about guides in that conversation but not GTR specifically, as we do all forms of heads. he informed me of the exclusive deal if I were to want a GTR part. I asked a few manufactures that day, in case you were curious about all my actions. We will be aiding Manley with their valve guide designs because of that quest.

No where in my post did I say that Molstar was not a good material, or 'special'..that would be a futile dispute. We will use Molstar seats for some of our 1800hp 2JZ heads.

I am more interested in the knowledge of the seller, not the maker. As someone who machines this stuff everyday, if I am going to have to buy something from someone I need that comfort not only for myself, but for my customers. My questions are aimed at that knowledge.

The different length guides was the first peek that someone is smart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts