Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
R36 Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a custome tune done from a shop in Mass. I was logging 21lbs of boost when flat out and my only mods are intakes, midpipe and catback. A lot of my GT-R buddies said it was unsafe! Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
That's a bit high for 93 oct IMO. When was the car tuned? If the car was tuned in warmer weather and you're running the car in cold weather that could be a cause for the higher boost. I would give them a call and just have them double check the tune to make sure everything is nice and safe. They likely will lower the boost a bit. Also, was it just 1 or 2 times it spiked to 21 and then dropped or did it hold 21 for a longer period of time?

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Like we discussed during our holiday party - If the high boost level is more than a spike then you do not have the supporting mods to support the fueling.

Taking a data log and sending it to your tuner is the best first step

-John

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Like we discussed during our holiday party - If the high boost level is more than a spike then you do not have the supporting mods to support the fueling.

Taking a data log and sending it to your tuner is the best first step

-John
+1

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
So I got a custome tune done from a shop in Mass. I was logging 21lbs of boost when flat out and my only mods are intakes, midpipe and catback. A lot of my GT-R buddies said it was unsafe! Any thoughts?
Is that a tune you drive on the street or track?

Also what is the temperature where you are logging those boost levels?

~Cicio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.