Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i was doing my research on dash cams and seeing what was out there. Like everyone else, the famed Blackvue DR650GW 2 channel cam seemed like the go to option. But still I wanted to see what other cams where available. Through a friend I came across another company called Recodia which is another South Korean company that also provides quality dash cams globally. I told him I didn't want anything cheap as I was looking at the Blackvue as my benchmark. He said he had a connection there and brought back a few to the states to play around with and to put one in his Benz. He said try it out and you wont be disappointed. After about a month of testing and going through all the tons of video footage he did not disappoint. I am very happy to report that the Recodia Dash cam is just as good as the Blackvue and in some aspects better in my opinion.

One thing that really stands out about the Recodia is that it has a built in LCD screen to playback footage. It's big enough where you won't have any problems viewing it but small enough that it does not make a footprint on your windshield. It has a lot of the other functions as well such as Full HD, GPS speed and location, motion sensor, time and date stamp, impact sensor, SD card, built in mic etc. What also is a nice feature is that it has a built in battery sensor built into the unit already so you do not need to wire up that additional unit on the Blackvue. You go into the settings screen set the voltage where you want it to shut off and that's it. It can accept 64GB SD card and I think even bigger but have not tried it yet. Hookup was simple, initial option is the cigarette lighter, but to hard wire it was a simple power and ground.

Another option about the Recodia is that there's a model which has 3 channels. So for the track guys, you can have a front facing camera, rear camera and a camera inside the cabin facing the speedo or something like that. And he said the 3 channel camera is weatherproof so that you mount it outside the car or wherever. Overall I'm glad I went this route in having this installed over the Blackvue. I'll try to post some video footage and images. I know there's a half dozen or more local GTRs owners that have this in the car and so far no complaints.

PM me if anyone is interested and I'll forward you the info. Just wanted to provide some people some different options beside the Blackvue.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I can totally vouch for this product have it in my car and love it clear recording even at night were there's zero lighting u can even us it as a go pro being h have front and rear can recording wgish also show your speed in km awesome product. Everyone in our group owns it

·
Registered
106 Posts
do you have any pictures of how you mounted in car?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thinkwar x500(there more model's too) hard to beat that. I got thinkwar all in my vehicles, so many features and vedio quality is awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have 3 Blackview DR650 and would recommend this dashcam. The installation is easy and most important the playbacks are crystal clear. If you have kids you can track where the kids are going and how fast they are driving.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
low profile if you are tapping in near the driver's side interior panel

·
Registered
94 Posts
I needed a dashcam for front+back recording while driving AND while parked (switch).

I have a blackvue 650 and 650S. Just removed the 650S from the GTR. I had it hardwired, but realized that the cams could not take the heat and I would come back to the car only to see the cam powered off. I thought it might be my battery, so I plugged it into a 12V portable battery pack (20k mah) that I left in the glove compartment. Came back to the car with the dashcam off.

I ended up spending a ridiculous amount of time and money in pursuit of the best dashcam for my scenario. I have only found a few that can take the heat (black on black, SoCal, 35% tint except for windshield).

Stick with Street Guardian. Sony sensor is a must for image quality and night time clarity.

Front: SGZC12SG 2016 v2 Pro https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LXRR7L4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-p6iybQ28SBR2

Front + Back: 2xSGZC12RC 2016 v2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TERYK5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_3n6iybDNQ6Z1M

P.S. here is part of the list of dashcams I have tried:
Blackvue DR650
Blackvue DR650S
A119
Vicovation OPIA2
Thinkware F770
SG remote (SGZC12RC)
SG panorama 2S
SGZC12SG v2 (updated version of 2S)
SG "B40" (SG9665GC)

Currently testing:
Mobius V3
Mobius 2.0
JooVuuX
Mini 903

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Recently had problems with all 3 BlackVue rear cameras.

What problem? I still haven't had issues with my 650 from like 3 years ago. 650S is fine too.

My main issue with the 2ch blackvues is that the resolution isn't 1080 on the REAR, and also, it's pretty blurry since I have tint (35%) back there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What is your experience with the Thinkware?

I had two separate units, and tested both at initial release/availability. It's a great 2CH FHD camera with solid video quality and features (a little too many).

I ended up returning both since they could not take the heat in my black on black, in SoCal hot day. Well, it works well if only using to record while driving, but I wanted the parking mode to be able to record 24/7 if needed. It would overheat, and videos would become blurry/signal loss/corrupted.

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
What problem? I still haven't had issues with my 650 from like 3 years ago. 650S is fine too.

My main issue with the 2ch blackvues is that the resolution isn't 1080 on the REAR, and also, it's pretty blurry since I have tint (35%) back there.

The rear camera stopped working on two of the units. The third unit had problems with the audio. I still love the unit...

Now I'm looking for a more reliable system for another car.

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts
Surprised so many people like the BlackVue. I love the video quality of mine but you can't adjust the microphone sensitivity. All the audio in my playbacks are blown out from my loud exhaust. Anyway to fix that? Also get the occasional file corruption on a few of my videos.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts