Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Hell no...if discovered the data on the camera could also be used against you... No thanks

·
Long Standing
79 Posts
I'd hazard a guess that there are a bunch of people on here that are running dash cameras (despite the risk of being on the wrong side of the law in certain instances). I'd be curious to know what people are using. I have had enough with close calls due to other people's idiocy, and am thinking of putting one in.

·
Speed
69 Posts
I have a Veho VCC-005 HD camera, which has a cool sound activation mode. So I can leave it on all the time and would record even when I park and away from the car. Useful also to see all that goes on with my car when I bring in for service at the dealer; mounted in back facing forward to see interior as well. Funny to hear comments and things around the car. I know exactly when/how it's driven. Many features on this: sound activation, loop recording, 8meg pix photo camera mode, wireless remote control, auto standby, window mount bracket built in screen for viewing,....all of this got for just ~$120 bucks.

·
GTR-KID
655 Posts
I have a mount just mounted to the dask for my gopro. And if I ever am driving it by myself i just pop it on incase something happens, esp because of my age. Plus with a 32gb sd and the extended battery it will last for hours. Also can be used with a suction mount if you race (closed course of course) or on other things.

Edit: I also have it set on 1 button mode so all you have to do is tap the front button and it starts recording

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a Veho VCC-005 HD camera, which has a cool sound activation mode. So I can leave it on all the time and would record even when I park and away from the car. Useful also to see all that goes on with my car when I bring in for service at the dealer; mounted in back facing forward to see interior as well. Funny to hear comments and things around the car. I know exactly when/how it's driven. Many features on this: sound activation, loop recording, 8meg pix photo camera mode, wireless remote control, auto standby, window mount bracket built in screen for viewing,....all of this got for just ~$120 bucks.
how long does the battery last n how long can your sd record?

·
Speed
69 Posts
how long does the battery last n how long can your sd record?
Continuous recording is up to 3hrs on the battery, but since it comes with a usb power connector and car adapter cable, you can have it connected to be powered automatically. Then with the sound activation feature, it records if the mic sense above 65db and stops after 2min if sound is below that. Then after x min of inactivity, it will go to standby but will be triggered upon any sound again. Also with setting to loop recording mode, no worry on running out of memory; just transfer when you want to save footage before it loops around again. So essentially you can have 24hr surveillance, automatically!

here's the specs for it;http://www.veho-uk.com/main/shop_detail.aspx?article=165&mode=specifications

·
Registered
294 Posts
i'm using a cheap chinese dash cam. ~65 dollars for the camera, 32gb card (class 6/10 ~35-40 dollars) records up to about 5 hours worth of video.

I think go pro3 or Sonny action cam

Much better
The thing about using a gopro (continuous recording video in HD, etc etc) it doesn't loop should nothing happen. GoPro's cater to people who are doing outdoor activities, and when it's on, it's recording, filling up that SD card until you manually go in and review/erase the data. A true dash cam will overwrite old data to bring in new video data under normal circumstances, so you wouldn't have to constantly reformat the SD card. Good thing about GoPro similar units is, it does record in true HD, it's great, which i'm sure can pick up license plate numbers and such which is a plus. The biggest drawback about it is there's no physical screen on the unit for instant playback. Most dash cams also have a date and timestamp, which i find very important in a surveillance setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.