Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving with no music on over the weekend. Windows up. Noticed a little rattle every once in a while and it sounds like it is coming from inside the dash on the passenger side. Nothing in glove box is rattling. ??? What could be loose? Maybe a dropped screw or pin during assembly? Nothing in engine bay. It literally sound like it is just be with the dash on the that side. Hmmmmmmm 2015 with 2500 miles.

· R35 member
3,069 Posts
My launch control switch panel vibrates. The three switch panel beneath the air conditioning. whatever you call that. I've been meaning to take some foam and stuff it up in there but I keep putting it off and forgetting. maybe that's where it's coming from. I can put my hand in where the CD is and push up and make the sound go away.

Thanks
Joe

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
45 Posts
Mine are the side panels underneath the launch control switches where it goes up and touches the radio CF bezel. Like a squeaking rattle sound.

690 Posts
Mine rattles up in the sunglasses compartment (roof). Sounds like it's common to have some interior noise.

· R35 member
3,069 Posts
Mine are the side panels underneath the launch control switches where it goes up and touches the radio CF bezel. Like a squeaking rattle sound.
Theres some small clips on those panels that you can squeeze tighter to get rid of that squeek. I had it as well and fixed it in 20 seconds once I figured out what it was.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
2,719 Posts
I was driving with no music on over the weekend. Windows up. Noticed a little rattle every once in a while and it sounds like it is coming from inside the dash on the passenger side. Nothing in glove box is rattling. ??? What could be loose? Maybe a dropped screw or pin during assembly? Nothing in engine bay. It literally sound like it is just be with the dash on the that side. Hmmmmmmm 2015 with 2500 miles.
The same problem just started in my 2009 with 11K miles. It is coming from the passenger dash right by the window. I had my daughter isolate the area and press while driving, which did not work so it is beneath the dash. I probably need to also remove the battery to see if anything is in that area rattling.

· Registered
53 Posts
If memory serves me some people had a screw behind the A pillar trim on the passenger side that created a rattle over there come loose... It was low near the dash. HTH

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gtr built to go fast so I go fast. In all seriousness, I drive with the music up 3/4 of the way all the time anyway. But I was a gentleman and let my girlfriend in the passenger seat for a ride out for breakfast at Bacon in downtown boise a few weeks ago and turned the music down and heard that rattle. Maybe it was her brain rattling around in her skull? Like a pea in a beach ball.lol. �

· Registered
161 Posts
My launch control switch panel vibrates. The three switch panel beneath the air conditioning. whatever you call that. I've been meaning to take some foam and stuff it up in there but I keep putting it off and forgetting. maybe that's where it's coming from. I can put my hand in where the CD is and push up and make the sound go away.

Thanks
Joe
Holy sh!t. I have the exact same rattle. I put pressure like you do - once for an entire two hour road trip. I'm going to try and wedge something between the edge of the CD player piece and the launch control piece. It drives me nuts.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.