Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Have you guys seen the quality of engineering these kits have? It's incredible! Possibly the best looking aftermarket kit available of any car!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Have you guys seen the quality of engineering these kits have? It's incredible! Possibly the best looking aftermarket kit available of any car!
Does G-Power has a good reputation in the United States? In Germany they are known for poor quality and reliability of their kits, especially on the supercharger conversions based on ///M engines, there are tons of problems and issues which they are unable to solve. Sometimes it even seems like they´re not willing to help their own customers, which paid a lot of money. Its a typical money making tuning company (like gembella, 9ff...) which offers overpriced, unreliable kits and poor customer service, blown engines and broken transmissions you´ll get for free.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Last week I was crusing at high speed on the autobahn and I got cut off by a cargo van that was only going about 90 kph. I had to slam on the brakes and came within 5 ft of his rear bumper.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last week I was crusing at high speed on the autobahn and I got cut off by a cargo van that was only going about 90 kph. I had to slam on the brakes and came within 5 ft of his rear bumper.
You were lucky.... Sometimes shit happens on the autobahn and the outcome is pretty nasty.... Car pile-ups always include fatalities....

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does G-Power has a good reputation in the United States? In Germany they are known for poor quality and reliability of their kits, especially on the supercharger conversions based on ///M engines, there are tons of problems and issues which they are unable to solve. Sometimes it even seems like they´re not willing to help their own customers, which paid a lot of money. Its a typical money making tuning company (like gembella, 9ff...) which offers overpriced, unreliable kits and poor customer service, blown engines and broken transmissions you´ll get for free.
So, which company is the best when it comes to modifying a BMW M5/M6/M3/M1?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Looks like it's on the A8 on the way to Austria. Perfectly safe. I pulled over 135mph in a Mercedes C250 Coupe there over September. A stock looking M6 BLEW past me when I was already doing 130.

Depends on what you want.

Dinan has the name and reliability. ESS is another company that has supercharger kits.

I know the other ones, but I'm not mentioning them for a reason...

GPower has a reputation, it seems like their M5 products are good, their initial M3 kits had some problems. They're not too far away from BMW M's corporate headquarters in Munich...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would never put a serious turbo or supercharger kit on S65 or S85 engines, just because there are no companies which can do this properly, well probably dinan, but I dont have any personal experience with them.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Looks like it's on the A8 on the way to Austria. Perfectly safe. I pulled over 135mph in a Mercedes C250 Coupe there over September. A stock looking M6 BLEW past me when I was already doing 130.

Depends on what you want.

Dinan has the name and reliability. ESS is another company that has supercharger kits.

I know the other ones, but I'm not mentioning them for a reason...

GPower has a reputation, it seems like their M5 products are good, their initial M3 kits had some problems. They're not too far away from BMW M's corporate headquarters in Munich...
The kits based on the S85 are the worst products they have ever produced in every aspect. All the good engineers which worked for them since the founding have left the company in the last 10 years due to internal reasons. Now they spend more money on advertising than development.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Agreed, none of that stuff would ever make it onto the wife's M6. Plus she's happy enough with the 507hp stock...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts